24 September 2023 and guess what we’re doing?

You guessed correctly, we get to welcome new members! Summer has officially ended and Autumn has started here in the Northern Hemisphere! It’s Fall Y’all! I’m a Fall addict, I love everything about it, warm days, cool evenings, and the colors, oh my! Right now, I’m sitting on the back patio eyeing the leaves on the White Oaks, they have some leaves getting ready to turn. We have a plethora of trees. Yes they are a good bit of work as a friend and I were discussing last night. Picking up sticks is a never ending job, year round. We just had a storm come through so many of the dead branches fell. But it’s more fuel for the fire pits! I think I’ll ask BH to make some hot chocolate the old fashioned way, pull up a couple chairs to the pit and we can have a nice conversation about nothing in particular. I might sneak a splash of peppermint schnapps in mine, one never knows….If you reside in the coast of NC, I hope you got through Ophelia ok, some areas received 8” of rain and the rescue teams had to use boats.

Starting us off is @Skyla3710. Skyla is up in Colorado. She had coiling and a stent placed for an aneurysm in the right cavernous carotid artery. Skyla had gone to the ER for headaches that wouldn’t stop for two weeks. After the MRI which showed the aneurysm, Skyla was admitted to another hospital where they deal with aneurysms and strokes. She stayed there for five days, but get this folks, Skyla had three angiograms in five days! The aneurysm is/was 2.2 x 2.4 x 1.6 cm. The doc had to use five stents along with the coils to secure it! She’s been dealing with hair loss and headaches since her procedures and has already started a new topic found here Hairloss. Help her out folks!

Next up is @sallyg somewhere in the Southeastern region in the United States. Sally was experiencing floaters and had a CT scan where a triangle shaped aneurysm was found. Another scan with dye and the Doctor said it was more “pointy” shaped. The group of Doctors decided best to put her on the watch and wait group and have scheduled another scan for November this year. Sally recently retired and had moved in May of last year. I think that’s a good deal of stress she’s dealing with.

@Charles is in Czechia! You may know it as the Czech Republic, historically it was known as Bohemia. His partner had a craniotomy for an unruptured aneurysm and is undergoing a lot of personality changes. Please help him out Emotional changes

Next up is @Unicorn_85. I love her avatar with the Arizona desert in glory. Kindll lives in Tucson Arizona and I’m sure she and her husband enjoy a lot of beautiful sunrises and sunsets. At 38 years young, she loves to read, listens to audio tapes and movies. She says she has a strange obsession for Australia where she and her husband hope to visit one day. Kindll shares she was sitting on her bed last month with her husband and experienced a seizure. He called 911 ( our emergency number here in the States) and she was transported to the ED where she had another seizure. She never had seizures before and her husband knew something was wrong and told the doctor to do a CT scan. Fortunately, the doctor complied and found she had a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, SAH for short, or as many of us refer to it as simply a ruptured aneurysm. She gets to enjoy working at a movie theater for the past 8 years! Movies are her passion so it’s a good fit for her don’t you think? When she was little her parents showed her John Wayne movies. A friend whom I rode horses with had a bad crush on John Wayne and I’d tease her he didn’t know how to ride since he was always holding on to the horn. She’d get livid about that. ROFLOL. Kindll loves the classics so much, she has a Jerry Lewis tattoo. Maybe because he also worked in a movie theatre, but probably because he was an all around excellent performer and invented a few things that improved the movie industry. Can you tell growing up watching Jerry Lewis was a passion of mine? I’m so happy to read your husband was a true advocate for you!

@aerlinn13 is up in New York. Kate had two procedures within 5 months. Last December she had an incidentally found aneurysm. We hope you’re doing well Kate!

@Littlyloo is in Norwich, England. Love the user name! Tina had a craniotomy in June 2023. She was diagnosed with two aneurysms and an AVM. Tina is still experiencing lots of head pain, jaw stiffness and the plates in her head can be felt. Our members know a good bit about craniotomy procedures and recovery ask away! Whilst some of our members know a good bit about AVMs, the better place in my opinion for support on those would be found here https://avmsurvivors.org/

That’s our line up for this week y’all! Go outside and do a walk about, a little exercise does the brain and soul good!

“I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.” –Henry David Thoreau

“In the presence of nature, a wild delight runs through the man, in spite of real sorrows.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

“In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.” –Aristotle

1 Like