We are the Lucky Ones :)!

As the saying goes --> "It's not what happens to us, but how we react to it is what matters". I like to think of my AVM Journey as being selected to join the family of "Lucky Stars" that is helping to make the world a better place by sharing all that we know and have learned about Brain Aneurysms & AVMs thru our Healing Journey.
Here are just a couple of facts on Brain Aneurysms/AVMs after learning of a good friends sister being hit by this beast over the weekend !!! She's now out of immediate danger but as we all know; it's just the beginning of her Healing Journey!

1. If we know they are present; our medical experts can treat them & we can beat them!
2. You never know who it may take next!
AWARENESS on the Warning Signs, Risks and Symptoms, that can be very easily disregarded, is just so important for us to get out there and share with our family and friends.
My Hope for you ALL today is that you find some "JOY" in your JOurneY Today & Always!
Michele

Beautifully said, Michele <3

Hi Michele. How are you? I hope fine. I like what you said" it’s not what happens to us, but how we react to itis what matters." Beautiful words and informative post, as usual, Michele. Keep the Faith.

Hi Michele. yes, we are the lucky ones for sure. My wife and I had a close family friend for almost thirty years. Three months before my aSAH, she had a aneurysm that took her life. She passed out and never woke up. Never able to say goodbye to her husband, family and friends. I feel so blessed, I WOKE UP. Keep up the good posts, they encourage us all.

Thank You Ladies & Gentleman :). I find that I mull over thoughts like these over and over again and then end up just blurting them out here; so I'm glad that you folks find it somewhat encouraging. I'm doing very well Kimlin and Hope you are as well - many thanks for asking! I am excited and have been very busy planning a Golf Tournament in my area (Methuen, MA) in early October to help "Raise the Praise" for our medical community and ALL the amazing work that this Foundation does with respect to educating people and creating the necessary awareness! I've set the bar high and the goal to "establish a chair of research" for the Foundation. Ron, I am so very sorry to hear of your Loss of your dear friend and it's tragic stories like these that just motivate me to want to do my part in helping to educate and raise awareness --> Let our voices never be Diminished.