Sister's Fiance has suffered an AVM

After having gone through this with me, my sister has learned all about bleeding in the brain, what it can cause and how it can be detected. Her fiance had the worst headach of his life and was vomiting. My sister then had him smile and hold his arms out and noticed a slight change in his abilities. She then called 911 and then had them do an angiogram to which they found an AVM near his visual cortex that was leaking. They were able to repair it without a craniotomy. He would not have had the positive outcome of his situation if it were not for myself and my sister. Please pray for him during his recovery!

You have my prayers for the fiancé Alex...it is amazing how much we can help others along this journey...~ keep us posted on how he is doing??? ~ Colleen

Alex,

Prayers to your sis's fiancé and for her, you and all the families..

Alex, I recently read the book Brain Aneurysms and Vascular Malformations by Eric Nussbaum, MD...who is also on the Med Advisory Board here... It is on the main website under understand...on down...

If you have not read it, I highly recommend it... ISBN 0-7388-3759-8 ...there is the other book by Jill Bolte Taylor (think I remembered/spelled right) who had rupture, treatment and recovery...

If you have not read these, they may be very helpful...

Again, prayers for you all...

Pat

hi alex! will do -good of you to write in his regard. The journey has just begun so please tell them to be patient- I highly recommend robins blog=this ones for us- from may 19th , anyways let us know how its going or maybe he will join up?