Thyroidectomy done. Now another brain surgery

Hi all I just came out of surgery yesterday. I had a total thyroidectomy and there was cancer. I’m ok a bit sore. Can’t talk but thank God that part is done. I’m now having issues with my baby annie something in regards to my pituitary gland I don’t understand what the MRI says but I know it has something to do with the pituitary gland and the aneurysm they’re talking about another surgery. I see my new neurologist an oral surgeon to explain more about the aneurysm and the pituitary gland last neurologist did not explain what was going on because my insurance company did not renew their policy with them

Jeanette...glad for you the one is done...and, regret you have not had better info...

RE: your med record...even if the doc would not talk w/you outside their contract () w/your insurance...

(that is something that tweaks interest)... However, you should be able to secure your meds records...the basics...the story formats...are generally free...if you want/need more than that to understand...attempt to secure a price quote/estimate... As far as I know, am aware of, there is no fee for records requested by your new doc/facility...

Typically, a CD/DVD for the MRIs /other imaging...will be available to you on CD/DVD (anything else new?) and, w/o a few...the MD-Rad who performed the imaging typically writes his/her version of their interpretation/diagnosis...and, can/may also be available w/the imaging...questions to ask if you need to order them.

Also, find out what/which med records your new doc/facility requested....and, what they have received...

There is a lot of questionable data on records requested, received, reviewed and maintained...by the requesting doctor(s)...for patients to later be told "we don't have that record"...

Good luck w/getting your records... and, having a quality explanation from your new one..

Just a little P.S....and which you can research online...for questions to ask your doc..

Sphenoid bone begins w/our eye sockets, our sinuses to the last portion(s) in the interior part of our brain...hold the "sella turcica"...which is the cavity holding our pituitary gland...thus, this part may have been explained to you re: your thyroidectomy...

Our arteries coming up our neck/spine (and likely other arteries) have access thru portions of the sphenoid bone in that central area... and on into our brain...(intracranial ?) ....

In searching online, it is often easier to use the words/terms/name ... like: sphenoid anatomy

Changing/adding words bring forth more websites...

You can/.may want to print off some of the images...to help the ease of understanding what the docs are explaining...

Thank you I’m in the ER my calcium dropped and is causing tingles and numbness in my hands legs and mouth. My brain has been hurting really bad so they are going to check my aneurysms this is a too much and to hard to understand. I have been in serious pain in my neck where the incision was made my chest from being incubated is swollen my head hurts from all this pain and stress I don’t know what to do anymore

Jeannette...prayers for each step in your recovery... please update as you are able...

Sending prayers Jeannette!