What to expect

Hi Everyone, I have no idea what to expect. 3 weeks ago my mom had an MBA and they found 2 aneurysms. She meet with the neurosurgeon in April. I decided to have an MRI because I have migaines, and bad headaches. My MRI came back with an aneurysm 4mm. I haven't even talked to my doctor. I got a call from scheduling to make an appt for the neurosurgeon. My appt is Wednesday. I have no idea what to ask, say or do it the neurosurgeon. I also don't know what to expect. Any advise out there? Thanks, Andrea

Andrea,
The neurosurgeon should be the one to best advise you. Write down the location of the aneurysm, the kind of aneurysm-some are like balloons with narrow bases others, like mine are like sacks with big openings. Ask about the risk of watch and wait for you, because small aneurysms statistically have a low risk of rupture. However, cigarette smoking, being female and having hypertension increases the risk.

Please try not to worry.

Andrea, it seems as if you have great questions. Ask him/her everything you have asked here. What to expect, plans of treatment, are your headaches related, etc. They are all perfect questions and ones we have all asked at our first appointment. Campanile had some great suggestions so keep asking and reading here as it may bring more questions that you want to ask. Write them down so you do not forget. I'm sure your anxiety will calm a little bit after the appointment. As you talk to him/her it may even bring up more questions. With such an important meeting you want to make sure you do not forget anything and that you get answers, so write down his/her responses also. Carol

Snowflakes...welcome and os hope you get more info...

In seeing the neurosurgeon, regarding its location, ask specifically the name of the artery and which segment(s)...as much already noted by the others...

Ask, if doc/hospital have a "patient guide"...to review for more...a printed copy and/or online...

Wishing you very best...and, please update us on your and your mother...and if you will be seeing the same neurosurgeon(s) for your appointments.

Hi Snowflakes, hoping that your appointment goes well and you will have more information to work with. Neuro docs are very supportive and can empathize with your fears and explain exactly what is going on. Prayers offered for a good outcome and peace of mind for you, this group is an awesome support too! Please continue to share, we’re here for you. …hugs…