Thunderclap

Did any of you experience a “thunderclap” headache? I had one and then 3 days later they found a small 3mm annie in the A2 ACA. I have some people in my life that just call it a migraine abd there is no such monster. But I had one…anybody else?

I have had migraines for 30 years and within that community “thunderclap” headaches are considered extremely dangerous. In fact, even with a long history of migraine if you have a “thunderclap” or “lightening bolt” headache it’s advised to get yourself to the ER immediately. Those “headaches” are possible indications of aneurysm (as you well know) or stroke.

I had a “thunderclap” migraine about 25 years. It about knocked me off the sofa! Back then I didn’t understand the danger of it and didn’t go to the ER. At my next neuro appt I told my doctor about it and she immediately sent me for a MRI. Luckily, no damage was found.

So yes, there are migraines that can be “thunderclap” in nature but more importantly the “thunderclap” can indicate aneurysm or stroke and needs to be treated accordingly.

azurelle

Hi Abby,
I had this “thunderclap experience” before my Ruptured Annie.I just ignore it because i really had attacks of migraines before. So i thought it’s just t normal. Well I was in my 20’s when had this first didn’t check with Dr. but if i knew that it will result to rupted Annie maybe it’s much easy to recovery.
I do advice you to visit Dr that is NUERO. It’s better to prevent than cure.

LOVE LOTS
Maes

1 Like

Thank you. I am going to the neurosurgeon on Tuesday and I am going to one of those aniograms. The blob may be noting but that with a thunderclap makes suspicious.

Take the damn thing out, I say!

:ok_hand: