Questions for Neurologist

On Monday, I am going to see my neurologist again for a check-up. I had a annie rupture in May 2013 and it was clipped. I also had a stroke with it. My recovery has been off the charts since I honestly should not be alive. However, I am still struggling with things that people cannot see and I wondered if I could get some advice from those who have also had to fight this battle.

I have LOTS of headaches. Thankfully, I've only had 3 migraines since the Annie, but the headaches do affect me a great deal. I am on gabapentin and take hydrocodone as needed.

My hearing is super sensitive. I always have earplugs in my pocket or ears.

Depression is a battle, but I'm hiding it from many. I feel so judged since having Annie and I'm treated very differently. It feels as if I died at that time to people. Very hard to explain.

There are other struggles, but those are my top 3.

Are these common or should I really be pushing my doctors for more help in overcoming these things.

I saw my neurosurgeon last week and he was so impressed with my progress that he doesn't think he will need to see me again for 5 years. :) I'm waiting on the results of a ct-ngo to come back, but there was no talk of having to do an angiogram anytime in the future. I had one a year ago and they didn't see anything.

I'm sorry this is long and confusing....I'm just looking for some words of wisdom to know how to approach Mondays meeting and life in general. Thank you!

It’s great to hear that you are doing so well! I can’t comment on whether your problems are common, but even if they are, if you are concerned about them, I think you definitely need to ask. Never apologize for looking after yourself! I admire your drive in wanting to overcome these things, and I think you need to just go for it! More power to you, and good luck on Monday.

Jennifer...

I have so recommended searching: Cleveland Clinic Stroke

It I a great record of stroke data...notes both ischemic and hemorrhagic...and, has Tables that reference our arteries, their anatomy, their affects/effects...

The headaches...I just noted to another member... you may want to access:

www.americanheadachesociety.org and/or search migraine pathology...

I am hoping that this site will provide much more data on anatomy of our brain...from the arteries; the lobes/structures, ventricles, and the central nervous system...the cranial nerves...

In the meantime, any of these can be searched online...an important thing to remember is/are the access anatomy to the aneurysm...whether of open surgery or the minimally invasive endovascular access...

Wishing you the best results...

Pat

Thank you so much for your helpful and encouraging replies. I will research some of the sites that you've all listed and continue to search for answers. I deal with leg and foot pain from being paralyzed after the stroke, but it hadn't occurred to me that some of these issues could be related to the stroke as well. Good input, my friends. Thank you!