Surgery on Tuesday

Sounds good. I will go and if Tiffany is not there we can meet. The address of the McDonalds is 1989 Stringtown Road, Grove City, OHio 43123 if you want to get directions. My cell phone is 740-■■■■■■■■.

Mary Ellen

Great! I am thinking I should be done at the barber by 3:30. My cell phone is 614-■■■■■■■■. I am SO looking forward to it!

I will take a book to read so you can find me if there is not several people reading a book.

Great! I will be the one without hair :-)!!

I happy to post that the girl I emailed did get to speak with Jennifer’s family while she was in the OR for her surgery. I’m sure that she was a tremendous comfort to them and she told me they were very happy to talk with her and thanked her so much for taking the time to talk with them and put their minds at ease…I’m sure that soon Jennifer herself will be posting on here! To the other Jennifer :slight_smile: I don’t think this girl can help you as far as the doctor, she does not work for him, she works at the hospital…but please know that we are all here for you and anytime you need someone to talk to we are here to listen! Post your questions and concerns and there is sure to be someone who has been right where you are now. You have one of the best doctors in the country looking after you, take comfort in that and know that you are in very good hands…((take care)) Kim

Hi Mary,
Your surgeon was probably trained in Cinnci. That is where alot of the great neurosurgeons come from, mine did! I live just south of Indy. I had a SAH in 2005 with craniotomy. I am currently 6 weeks post-op from my second craniotomy where they clipped not one but 2 annies. Try to not be terrified. These surgeons are awesome at their jobs. God has gifted them with these abilities. You are being prayed for by many people, praying for not only good outcomes but for you to have peace before and after. Lots of prayers for you and your family from Indy. Take care and keep in touch. Sherri :slight_smile:

IT’S OVER!!! I DID IT DAMMNIT!!!They had to postpone the surgery until the 29th but it’s done and I’m home. No sign of neuro damage but the incision hurts like a mother and my eyes are vey senisitive to motion and light. I got home Monday and have taken 3 showers since the surgery but still have lots of clotted/dried blood on my hair around the staples. Obviously, I can’t scrub there and can’t use high pressure spray either and I’m getting grossed out. The staples come out next Tuesday but blech, would like to get at least some of the blood/brain matter :o) out before then. Any ideas that don’t involve me picking out those damn staples myself. (haha)?

Hi Jennifer, I have tried to contact you on here but I haven’t heard from you so I thought I would try again because I would really like to talk to you before my surgery this Thursday the 16th! Dr Batjer and Dr Bendok are doing my surgery too so since he did yours too I thought you would be the perfect person to talk to!! I wonder how you are doing and how recovery is going??

Jennifer,

The way you are feeling is normal. It is very scary. I went through the same thing. The aneurysm was not what caused my problems after it was done. I am better and back to doing almost everything. It has been 2 months. I will be thinking of you and praying for you on the 16th. I got a lot of that from my family and friends. I feel it had a lot to do with my success. I have never been sick in my life so this was a hard thing for me to go through.

Mary Ellen