Surgery Sept 12

My surgery to have the aneurysm clipped is Sept 12. I've gone from totally terrified, to I will be okay to I just want this over with :) Thanks to all and particularly Jan for de-mystifying this. Jan is my roll model and I'm going to do as well as she has.

1 Like

I'm so glad you've found a friend here and that your fears have been diminished - I think that is the best part about this site! De-mystifying is critical to alleviating fears. This place has done that for so many, and its great its still going strong! Best wishes on your surgery and recovery - I hear clipping is the most finite choice and you'll not have any troubles after, save recovery and scarring. I had PED's done twice, and while I don't have scarring to deal with (which I'd hate, but be thankful for if it were my only choice) I have other kinds of "scars". I hope that this will all be behind you very soon after!

1 Like

Yay for you! I’m so glad you have found peace with your decision. :slight_smile:
Karen

1 Like

Hi susievan,

We are September surgery buddies. My surgery to clip my aneurysms is Sept. 5th. You described my feelings exactly; anxiety, acceptance to "let's get this show on the road". I will be praying for a perfect outcome.

Sal

1 Like

I am another September (17) buddy - but they are attempting a coiling on my annie. Like you Sarah, once somethings were de-mystified, I don`t feel so afraid of the procedure. Wish you all the best mate!

1 Like

Hi Madds,

Hi my surgery buddy. I will be praying for you and following your recovery. Please keep us posted.
I need to have a coiling surgery after I recover from the clipping. I have 2 on the right that will need to be done.

Blessings

Sal

1 Like

Hi Sal, I see you’re in Seattle. Can I ask where you’re doing your surgery? When I get around to setting a coiling date, it will likely be at Swedish, although I am also seeking a 2nd opinion. :slight_smile: Karen

Hi Karen,
Yes! You are the first person on the forums who is also around Seattle, that I have met. I am in Snohomish. Both of my neuro Drs. are at Swedish. Dr. Eskridge did my angio and will be doing 2 coilings in the future. I am scheduled for clipping next Thursday with Dr Newell. I found them both to be informative, kind and personable. The staff at their offices couldn’t be more helpful. I am really comfortable with my choice of Swedish. I looking forward to seeing you at one of the BAF support groups that Swedish has monthly.
Stay in touch
Sal

1 Like

Wow, I’m just up the road from you in Granite Falls! Used to teach in Snohomish. I first met Dr. Newell, but since I’ll probably be doing coiling, I am working with Dr. Loh. He’s an interventional radiologist I believe. Great to hear from you. I hope to make it to a support group some time.
Karen

1 Like

I am SO happy you are going to have it clipped. I had mine done on 6/28/12. In fact, I have 2 clips on my aneurysm. Try to continue to be relaxed about it. You Dr. is NOT a "c" student. In fact, he was the top of his game and that is why he does what he does. I think I need to come up with "What to expect after brain surgery", unless there is already a section on here. I have not been on in a while but there are things you will need to know. Keep you chin up. You will do GREAT!!!!!

1 Like

Sending prayers your way for a safe surgery this week.

1 Like

Thanks and well wishes to you also!!

1 Like

LOL. My first thought of what brain surgery would be was more like Dr. Frankenstein instead of something done now a days!! I obviously don't hang around medical people much.

1 Like

I am praying for your speedy recovery!!!

1 Like

Thinking & praying for you today salvationannie.

1 Like

Sending tons of positive thoughts your way! Soon you’ll be done and ready to heal and move forward. ) Karen

I had a 7 mm, Aneurysm, behind my left eye, clipped, Friday Sept 13th, 2013!

I am alive and so blessed this Thanksgiving day!

I joined because I now want to learn about it. I was too afraid (pre-op). I didn't Google or look up anything...I had to be strong for my kids. Now I see how crazy lucky and blessed I am to be alive. I was told it was ready to go and was a tricky 6 1/2 hour surgery. Wow! I will take a numb head, scar and a few headaches as a trade any day. I feel better and better everyday. I drink a ton of water and dropped all Meds 2 weeks post-op and manage now with Advil and Tylenol. As a single Mom I could not conceive of death at this critical time and powered ahead. Love all of yall for sharing!

1 Like

I know , right! Me too.

I hope your surgery went well. My mom had an aneurysm clipping on Sept. 12, 2013 as well. She's still recovering and having episodes of dizziness. Just wondering if you've been feeling the same way? It seems to be a long road to recovery.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the photo and your story! What a cute family!!! I'm scheduled for November 7th and am grateful to see success stories. Hope all your days ahead are wonderfully blessed!

2 Likes