Surgery 9/18/13

Surgical clipping is scheduled for 1 week from today. I was originally scheduled for 8/28 but could not go through with it. I really need to do this for myself and my kids.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers - my coiling and stent surgery for a basilar tip aneurysm and a secondary emergency femoral artery repair was July 29 to will be recuperating another few weeks. Feel free to reach out to anyone in the group for support and good luck. Where are you and where is your procedure going to be?

Best to you, Sheryl

HI Mary. I feel for you. My husband's repair (clipping & possible bypass for an unruptured basilar tip aneurysm) is scheduled for November 4th so I think I may know how you are feeling, well, at least a little. It is definitely scary, he is going through so many different emotions, as I'm sure you are too. But, as I have told him, you absolutely have to do it for your family AND for yourself. The risks of leaving it alone are too great. He is only 42 years old.

Better to get it over with and focus on recovery and being on the other side.

Why did you have to cancel the original appointment?

Prayers for you Mary. I was not clipped, I was coiled so I sure can't say I know what you will go through. I'm getting close to my TWO year ANIversary and, although mine was a rupture and I had no choice, I am glad that it is done and I am my "new normal". Just understand that you may be a bit "different" for a while because anytime you have brain surgery it'll get you "off kilter" for a bit. The alternative, however, might be a rupture and I can GUARANTEE you that you don't WANT to go through that! 3 weeks in SICU, having dopplers every afternoon and another angio every morning, and I was one of the very LUCKY and BLESSED ones. 40% of ruptures never make it to the hospital, and half of those die within the first 24 hours. Of the remaining survivors, very few come out without some real disabilities. So for your kids, and for YOU, please do ahead and have it done!!! I will be praying and please let us know when you are able that you are okay!!!

Hi Scarlett
I went to the hospital to have the surgery and had a panick attack. The doc didn’t feel comfortable doing surgery while I was in that kind of emotional state. This time I will be taking something to help me calm down before I go in. You and your husband will be in my prayers.
Mary

Hi Tera,
Thank you for your prayers! Prayer is powerful. It is that 40% that helped me make the decision to have surgery. I know it is the right thing to do. Thank you for the encouragement. I hope to pay it forward some day soon.
Mary

Hi Sheryl,
I am have surgery in Pittsburgh and I live about an hour and half north of Pittsburgh. Thank you for the prayers and I will be praying for your continued healing.
Mary

Hi Jo,
Thank you for the prayers! It means so much to have so many praying for me.
Mary

I will certainly be praying for you Mary:) I completely understand your anxiety and fears. I felt the same way before having the pipeline embolization device placed. I am so relieved to be on on the “other side” of recovery and you soon will be too!! Prayers and hugs to you and your family!!

Know that I will be praying for you!! As everyone says, it is "scary"...the unknown always is scary, but scarier still is "not knowing" when one might rupture...ticking time bomb.....BIG HUGS to you and I look forward to your "update" when you are "on the other side" of surgery!!!

Thank you Cindy! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. My daughter will keep everyone updated.

hi Mary! Praying strength and fortitude for you! you will be fine- think positive~~~

Thank you Mary:) I will be looking for your daughter’s update:)