Success story.... an apology... not an apology... it is wot it is

Hi ya peeps.

For those of you who now me, and have so thoughtly been intouch to ask of my absence, thank you so much dear friends, for those of you who have not..... WHY NOT!!! hahahaha and for those who are new to this site, Welcome and I hope that you too will find great advice and comfor tand know that you are truly amongst not only annie survivors, but great advisors who truly comprehend, understand and on most occasions totally agree and on the odd occasion disagree, have the insight to stay silent and just let us have our moment of "annie" madness

Soooooo wots been going on since my last posting where I asked advice on how to overcome the anxiety of how to get back into the gym, well not only have I got my self back into the gym (slowly but surely.... baby steps.. and of course with all the crucial advice from you guys, I have also hit the swimming pool, something I didn't feel I would ever do again ( Somehow got it into my "annie" head that being in the middle of a pool is not the best place to be if a rupture on my Watch n wait or is it Wait n watch, I can never remember!!!!!

I have also now moved from Washington Dc to Texas, for those of old whose memory is now not so good and for those of you who know me only as of today, I shall recap, I moved to DC from Uk and within a few weeks discovered my 2 Annies, had coiled surgery on one April 6 2011 and am babysitting the other.

Well I can tell you it has been a very busy, but very positive 4 weeks. Firstly I've taken my first flight since my April 6th coiling surgery, which may I add was extremely pleasant, no alarm bells going off at security and no head hurtys wotsoeva.

I have also moved into a great new apt with so said gym and pool on complex and have made met lots of new neighbours who only see me as a newbie to the complex, not a newbie to a new post "annie" me,

I have placed my daughter into a new school where all the kids are new to a new school year, I am no longer the mother who went to her first PTA meeing as a newcomer full of hope and was then absent for the rest of the term, or held no playdates or returned phones calls as I knew no one enough to explain my sudden annie fate.

I have learnt to drive on the right side of the road, which is soooo the very wrong side to a Brit like me. But an independance i have craved since first hitting the States, and an acheivement I am proud of regardless of my annies, after driving 10 years on the left or should i be brave enough to say the right side hahaha

My husband has been able to return to go to work in the office, after working from home since my annies were discovered, holding conference calls instead of daily meetings something I am truly grateful for, as I know this has made his job so much more stressful, and hey 24 x 7 around each other is enuff to drive anyone nuts...especially when at first he never quite knew who he was dealing with, me of old, the recovering " annie" me, or the new post " Annie" me.

And in doing all this I have not had any "ANNIE " issues, no more head hurtys than the usual afternoon sore head, niggling neck pain, when you do a little too much. Infact I can happily say I feel as good as I have felt before the discovery and am happy at where I am at.

Sooooo there you have it peeps, this is where and what i have been doing during my absence from the Baf org, and now for the biggie confession.....

I was going to start my blog with an APOLOGY for not being in touch sooner, to APOLOGISE that I have been really really busy trying to get my life into a positive place, An APOLOGY that I haven't added any blogs as I haven't had any questions of late.

An APOLOGY that i have not been there for some of you to give advice when you have needed it like you guys have done so often in the past months for me... but the truth is I have looked on the site and I have wanted to post earlier, but as crazy as it sounds I almost felt Guilty for feeling so bloody positive when other have felt so down, Its actually hard to want to write to say what you have achieved and how positive you feel after reading someone else's bad day, and feel almost gloating to say "things will get better, look at how far I have come, and yet coming on and going off the site without commenting is probably worse as I have often thought how dissapointing it is to think that once someone feels better and well onto recovery they don't feel the need for the Baf org..... or to give back to others what we have taken and needed so vey dearly to get us to where we are today, and hopefully to help those get to where they need to be tomorrow, and know there are success stories and hope for us all.

So on that note..... I am NOT going to apologise for my absence, or stay quiet as i feel guilty for feeling good. But share my thoughts on A POSITVE NOTE and hope and wish you all too continue to recover and share the good with the bad days...... And to let you know I'm back, with what i hope is a very bright positve outlook and hopefully a help to others

Best wishes as always

Gaynor x

Hi Gaynor, great! I’m very happy about this news .

Life is and should be great also after an annie .
Let’s go to gym and take care of you.
Giovanni

Well said Gaynor!!

Never ever apologise for being positive or for feeling like things are getting better that is the goal that we all search and I do belive in some way or another will reach!!

I am so happy that things are going so well for you and your family... Continue to be positive and continue to smile :-)

xxxxx

Kimberley

Thanks Giovanni,

Hope all is good with you.

best Wishes

Gaynor

Hi ya Kimberely

Thanks you so much for your kind words, and yaaaaaaaay for your posivite attitutude that has shone through. If anyone deserves a putting your head back together party then it is well and truly you. Enjoy!

Best Wishes

Gaynor

Hi Gaynor:

I know what you mean when you say about feeling guilty. However, we shouldn't and we should post on good days as it gives hope to others that you can and will feel better in time. It's just too bad that not everyone recovers at the same pace because then you would know what to expect and when. I'm really happy for you Gaynor that you are forging ahead and that you've even tackled something as difficult as driving, not sure that I would have tried that so soon, especially when it's opposite to what you are accustom to. Enjoy your new surroundings and wellness, keep us posted. Hugs and prayers.

Hi ya Teddy

Hugs back atcha and thanks for the well wishes, have a fab weekend

Best Wishes

Gaynor

Hi Sweet Lady...Got ur email...Thanks for the update...Great positive post...keeps hope to so many...

Have a Beautiful weekend...Big, Big Hugs Colleen

Hi Gaynor,

Am new here and your post mad me laff and feel great! It's nice to know that such positive things are happening and that they can be spread and shared among us all! After all that is what each of us strive for!

Thank you for the happy thoughts!

Best wishes,

Linda

Hi ya doll

Back atcha, and yet again you were my inspiration :). n to those it didn't give hope it may at least of put them to zzzzzzzzz hahaha ..... Hope you have a well earned hippy hoppy holiday.

Hi ya Linda and Welcome

Just had a looksie at your profile (Yuppp, I'm as inquisitive as I am talkative) and wow we have very similar annie stories Mine are also both on the ICA, the 8mm coiled was on the right side and the 4mm being monitored is on the left side, your PED was approved on the 6th April the day of my Surgery, and your surgery was performed June 8, the day after my birthday. Pity it wasn't the same day as we could of shared annie - versaries :)) Anywho... once again welcome and I am sure you shall find lots of hugs, prayes and best wishes from all on this site.

Best Wishes

Gaynor

GOOD FOR YOU…UR INSPIRATION TO OTHERS CAN BE THE BEST MEDICINE,KEEP DOING WAT UR DOING…GETTING URSELF BETTER EACH N EVERYDAY…N THEN POSTING YOUR STORIES ON HERE FOR THOSE OF US WHO MIGHT BE HAVING A BAD DAY…I COMMEND YOU N ALSO HOPE THAT UR NOT FEELING PRESSURED TO APOLOGIZE FOR FEELING GREAT…ITS TO INSPIRE…TO ME THATS HOW GOD IS USING YOU…TO GIVE HOPE…THERE IS SOME NORMALITY IN THE FORECAST…STAY WELL N MUCHO HUGS COMING UR WAY SWEETY…