Annie-versary!

Saturday, 9/26, is my 2nd anniversary since having my craniotomy to clip by brain aneurysm. So many people here have helped me on my journey back to something resembling a live person. Thank you truly for your words and encouragement.

There's no doubt there is a physical healing component and a very mental one as well. I have to be careful with the mental one that tells me 'I can't'. In the past month I've grown so much. It started with taking the steps to confront fears such as flying and touring Washington by bus and train alone. Sounds silly but to me it was astronomical. I would have been happier hiding under the blankets in a remote corner of my basement. But I wasn't given a second chance at life to hide. Now when I'm afraid I think of those recent successes and the fact that hell I can say I survived brain surgery and mean it. I'm back to helping the Habitat for Humanity and taking a few adult learning classes at the local college. With each step it seems I can do more.

Anyway, I just wanted to come here to thank you all. You are all beautiful people who can get through a step at a time. I sent my neurosurgeon an 'annie-versary' card and included this message. Someone here told me he did this with his doc and I found it hilarious. So either my doc will get the humor referencing the screws used to put my skull back on or he'll send guys in white coats to get me.

Harlylena...Congratulations and thank you for sharing this...it now shows the depth of all you have achieved and in your interest in sharing promotion of Aneurysm Awareness in September...You have been blessed with your recovery...and, you return to your 'real life'...

You were blessed...and it will continue...

patioplans...

Harleylena! Do you know where I can get some coils and steal, I mean borrow your idea? I’m laughing so hard I have to take a break…

Congrats!

Know where I can pilfer some platinum coils?