Small Basilar Tip Aneurysm -

I was diagnosed with a 3mm aneurysm. Neurosurgeon recommends stenting and coiling although other neurosurgeons do not recommend. Anyone have coiling of small basilar tip aneurysm?

Hi! When I had my CT scan, the doctor thought mine was 3mm, after an angiogram, it was actually 6mm with two small aneurysms on top of it. I had two stents put in and coils back in July.

Hi, I had a 6mm basilar tip aneurysm coiled and stented 3 years ago, no problems with the proceedure and no side effects there after, you go in, have a great sleep, waken up and job done.
Chill, it is a breeze!

Thanks so much. Glad you are good. One of those things that the anticipation is worse than the event. Surgery scheduled for December 21. Not too far away.

Hi Martin, I’m new here with a very similar diagnosis as yours. Would love to ask you a few questions if you had time. Thanks!
Lukr

You were right! Had mine done and out the next day. They said my aneurysm was larger than it appeared on MRA so I am glad to have it behind me. I am experiencing minor short term memory issues but am told that will resolve itself. I had it done in Hershey at the Penn State Medical Hospital. Two other surgeons locally did not recommend intervention but Dr. Kenneth Liu is amazing and said he sees in clinic every day small ones rupturing with catastrophic results.

did you have to be on medince?

I had to be on a combination of plavix and aspirin for three months. I was able to stop taking the plavix but will be on low dose aspirin for the rest of my life.