Basilar tip

Hi,

A 6mm wide neck aneurysm found on ct scan. Am going in for angiogram to get a better look. Doctor said I will probably need coil and stent if they can. Depending on how it looks. I am worried that he will not be able to fix this. The more I research, I am finding out that basilar tip is a risky area. PA said aneurysm (on ct scan) is a rectangular shape with wide neck. He said it was ugly.

Please anyone with similar issue, can you give me some positive input???

Margie

Hi Margie,

My annie is just before the tip. Mine ruptured though and was much smaller than yours. Basilar tips are special from my research and notes. Imagine constantly being hit in the same place all the time well that is for example what your blood does at the tip of the basilar artery. However as scary as that sounds relax it can be fixed. Just find a doctor that you are comfortable with. My thoughts are with you. Oh and look for a group here that is specifically for basilar annies. I forgot how to find in here but there is one I think.

VJ

Hi Margie...

I have a 9mm basilar artery tip brain aneurysm and a 2mm aneurysm behind my left eye. Like you, everything and everyone would say this was the worse place to have a brain aneurysm...let's face it, there is no good area when one is speaking about the brain.

Mine was coiled 3 years ago...I am going for another angiogram checkup at the end of the summer. Two years ago they found my coils compacted and I have now found this can happen with coiling...I have seen many here at BAF go through the coiling on BAF through the years on the basilar artery and many have done well...even Ellen who had a craniotomy...I do know it is better that yours hasn't ruptured and/or leaking...

You keep it positive...and if you have a faith...hang on to it now...and come here to lose some of the fear...there is life after a Brain aneurysm even on the Basilar artery...it just takes time...and "one step in front of the other"...You have my prayers right now...please let us know when they are fixing it...if you have any concerns, seek a second opinion...Positive Vibes out to you ~ Colleen

Thank you for sharing this with me. Did doctor have a difficult time coiling? It sounds as though this area of brain annie always requires a stent. Please anything you can tell me about procedure and after would be very much appreciated. I am just praying that angio on the 20th will say that I am a candidate. I am afraid that the area will not be accessible.

Margie