Running To The Doctor

I have been having a constant headache and significant eye pain with photophobia and intermittent nausea for the past three days I would rate my pain about 5/10. I have been taking tylenol every 4-6 hours and my zofran as needed for nausea. My problem is that I don't want to run to the doctor every time I have a little pain or don't feel well. It's been 4 months since my aneurysm and coiling and I know I still get a little nervous something is going wrong but my question is this: When should I call??? I don't want to cry wolf all the time but if something bad may happen I don't want them to ignore my symptoms either....

Michelle,

I felt that way, too. Not wanting to cry wolf. My Neurosurgeon told me that I should call anytime I have a question or if I am feeling bad. He completely set me at ease about calling every time I don't feel good. I don't go back to see him until December 2013, but he told me to not hesitate if I have a question or if I think I need to see him before then. Definitely don't ignore your headache. I would call if I were you, just to be on the safe side.

Carol

It really hasn't been long since the coiling Michelle...perhaps...if you call your primary Doctor...and see what he/she suggests...esp because you have the eye pain, along with headache...and concerns...I know I feel the same way with Doctors...and honestly, if we can't go to them when something is wrong...I don't know who we are suppose to go to...this is not crying wolf...like Carol said...better to be safe then sorry...~ Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen

Hi Jo...and Michelle...see we all learn from these posts...now I haven't been taking my feriocet lately, but I must admit my Bp is up again...and I am not feeling good...going to make appt with primary Doctor...and listen to my own advice...Thanks to you both...~ Colleen

you call when you feel the need to.

Hi Michelle...have you talked to the Doctor...ok here goes...for about 2 weeks I had a little cough and didn't feel right...blew it off to my "brain annie journey" dumb right? Well things got worse and finally I went to the Doctors on Tuesday only to find out I not only have the flu/but bronchitis and if I don't be careful will end up with pneumonia...had 2 breathing treatments and I am on predisone and still feel like a brick is on my chest...all because I feel so often I am "running to the Doctor"...I told my Doctor this and you know what he said to me...I would rather you come in and have a well visit then come in so sick...Bless his heart...he is a good man...~ please call and ask...~ Colleen

colleen are you on any meds to make your chest feel like that ?

Colleen

So sorry you feel that bad and I hope you have a speedy recovery. We all need your continued uplifting support on here. I did finally go to the doctor and they did a stat CT angiogram which thankfully showed no leaking. I have had a couple good days and continue and pray for those because it feels so good and it makes me feel like myself. I still am napping and not over exerting myself. Much love and prayer sent your way for a speedy recovery and as always thank you for your continued support.

Oh no meds that would cause this problem...I have the flu/bronchitis...and it is in my chest...