Questions on lifting etc

I haven’t had any rehab nor exposure to any group except here My neuro is in another city n he only offered follow up mri. So, I’ve not known if there are things I shouldn’t do. Had two clips jan 2010.

Hi Katherine...I was coiled .. less invasive then your clipping and I was told not to pick up anything over 20 pounds...unfortunately...I thought this for a few weeks...but then after a few months I lift things and I am told from other's not a good thing...so honestly the best answer is through calling your Doctor...and I wouldn't lift anything very heavy until they let you know what is acceptable...~ Colleen

Hi Katherine

While I had some restrictions the first few months after surgery, I have no restrictions now. I agree with the others that you should contact the doctors office.

Terri

Thanks guys…I only asked because I’ve seen mixed messages as far as lifting. So, even tho I’m fairly sure after that second year mri, I was told no restrictions, reading some of these posts made me wonder. Since I didn’t connect with rehab etc I often find my self worrying. You know, the strange headache that is different, or, I’ll wonder if there is another weak spot. That thing on the odds freaked me allot at the beginning. The percents were like: If you’ve had one anny that your three times more likely to have a second and if you have a second you are eight times more likely. Im still struggling with letting go of cigarettes and that is a big no no vascularly speaking.
It is odd to be me sometimes. You know, I know I am meant to be walking the earth…get this: I broke my neck(first cervical vertebra) diving when I was 13…got it off the hospital the day nixon resigned. Was in the hosp intraction for about five weeks n on my merry way, none worse for the wear(kinda like the anny), for the most part I am not physical damaged n what I do experience is tolerable. But wait…there’s more…lol, I was ran down by a car…attacke. It hit me and I flew thru the air and slammed to the ground on my face. I was 19 …oh yah, one more. The very summer after I broke my neck I was on a pay-to-ride mini bike trail ride, I came to the top of the hill and the bike twisted out from under me and I flew over the handle bars landing on my face…once again. Lol, I laugh when I tell ppl that story. For the most part I am physically fine, and my face has one held one scar over my eye. After the anny, I yelled at God and screamed:“what do you waNt???” (Since I’m not allowed off the planet it seems.) “Service” was the answer. To be of service to the universe. So I volunteer alot. When I see a need I fill it.
Any way thanks for listening. It’s been nice conversing with ppl who understand.
Katherine

I definitely think God has a plan for you. I’m sure you wish He would be a little more subtle in telling you what the plan is.

It seems the toughest journey can lead to the growth needed to find that next pc of yourself that brings you to your joy. I’ve had many sorts of growth from the toughest things. Can’t make a diamond out of coal without pressure
:slight_smile: