Questions on Dizziness

I've noticed a lot of threads here relating to dizziness, and it does seem to be a common lasting effect.

My question is---when anyone who suffers says "dizziness", what is meant? For me, dizziness constitutes not so much a spinning as it does feeling as though just my brain and eyes are in a fast-moving elevator or on a roller coaster ride, and I have that odd dropping or rising quickly sensation. But it is just in the head-not my whole body. It does make me nauseous and unable to focus. All visual exams have come back great--the eyes only react to the sensation in the melon.

What the heck? This is driving me insane-comes and goes without warning. There doesn't seem to be anything specific that will bring it on. The sensation sends me reeling and puts me down for at least a day, if not more. Any input?

Hi Jenny...since being coiled I too suffer with Dizzy and being off~balance...I fall often and can no longer drive because I can get so dizzy driving in the car I have to pull over and have someone pick me up...it is horrible...my Neurologist is sending me for balance tests and a hearing test...I go in about 2 weeks...sometimes this problem is dibilatating ... I hope I get to the cause and it can be fixed... when I know my results, etc., I will write a post...

Wishing you a nice day ~ Colleen

Thanks for the input, Colleen--I hope they find a resolution! I've had my ears looked at, and practice yoga on a regular basis. My balance seems to be OK for the most part--at least until my brain gets on the roller coaster. It is the oddest sensation! I also do not take meds other than the Plavix/aspirin combo since my second coiling/stent procedure. But this sensation was here long before I started that combo, so know that likely isn't the cause.

I've had to pull over while driving, as well. My kids are both of driving age (one licensed, one with permit), so I try to take one with me every time I go out, just in case. Prayers for you, and please do keep us updated on how things come out. I hope they can get some answers for you!

Hi Jenny! yep i had it too - i discribe like sky diving even tho i've never done that- very scary cause i thought i was losing consiousness which would indicate another sah- i was coiled 3 yrs ago,recoiled 2 yrs ago. My pcp didnt do anything but look in the ears but later remarked he can't see the inner ear which i assume was an infection. Thankfuly this vanished and it only happened when i reclined or arose from bed. This was so scary since my collapse was in public and i sleep alone where no one would see or hear my cry for help. Thank God that went away and i'm hoping the same for you, Colleen and others suffering from dizzyness. i am still confused why nothing was done- if it was an inner ear infection wouldn't he give me antibiotics? or do they watch & wait?? its bizaar my baf friends were more concerned than the dr, this dizzyness was like spinning- extreme like ive never experienced. Also i get dizzy if i turn to quick or stoop and pick something up off the floor but its mild and fleeting- just debilitating not scary type. God Bless us all!