Dizzy or lighheaded spells

Hi, my name is Fabienne and I've had two brain surgeries both of unruptured aneurysms one in 2011 and the second in 2013. I'd say for the past year I get spells of feeling like I am going to faint and or dizzy. I could be standing and feel like I am going to fall to the floor or sitting at my desk feeling the same way. It is like my brain is sinking falling or something. I guess dizzy although I am not sure that is an accurate description.

Does anyone get spells like that. It actually scares me now.

Hi Fabienne. I get extremely lightheaded all the time, balance stays off almost daily now. I think this is just a way that our brain is healing. I describe my head to my doctor as a full feeling all the time that never leaves, not really dizzy but it does make me very nauseated at times. I guess we have to give it time or I just try to live with it. It has been 3 years since my aneurysm ruptured on the operating table and I have some brain damage due to this. We just have to realize how blessed we are to be here with our families. Good luck & just be very careful getting up & down or turning around.

Thank you Pat for sharing your experience. I, more than ever, tend to keep a keen eye on my health and this light headness feeling seems to be more prevalent as time moves on. I will be careful though. Good luck to you as well.

hi Fabienne! yes me too but mine was a SAH, when I went to the mall and looked up at the strobing Christmas lights whooaaaa!! Also when I had an inner ear infection I had extreme spinning dizzy's upon retiring and arising from bed, this was very scary, thank God the antibiotics worked, Sorry I missed your chat, maybe later?, tc

I am new here and 7 weeks since a non ruptured clip. I get dizzy but am wondering if its the low bp that I have had post surgery? How about going back to work? Driving? So happy to be alive but fighting depressive emotions.