Dizziness

I am 18 months on from my clipping and would welcome any comments from others who may have suffered with this. Each bout lasts around 45 minute's and make me feel emotional have no idea why. Visited drs many times but unable to give me any reason. I have finally got a hospital appointment but not until end of august. Has anyone has similar problems?

I had mine coiled and I have constant dizziness. It drives me crazy but at it worse when I close my eyes. I have been going to vestibular therapy which is helping me cope.

I can sometimes get lightheaded especially if I am tired. There seems to be no reason for why this happens

Thank you x has it ever woken you up at night Im scared to move sometimes.have you been given any explanation to it ?

I was coiled about 3 1/2 years ago. I still have brief dizzy spells. They only last 3 to 5 minutes and only occur approximately at 4 to 6 week intervals. They seem to be getting further apart though.

I am 5 months post clipping non ruptured. It is was attached to my optic nerve…so I had a few months with monovision and retraining my eyes to work together. I still have some occasional vertigo and dizziness. Sometimes when outside of the house, like grocery shopping on my own. It’s almost like there is some anxiety attached with it. I felt that way when I first started driving again, felt nauseous too. I just kept going, plugging through it, doing self talk telling myself I was okay and everything would be alright. It does pass and has become less frequent. Now, if I could just stop losing control of my emotions like yelling like a crazy person at our cats. Or getting mad while waiting 2 1/2 hrs to begin an MRI, leaving without one and driving crazy fast home due to being angry and having to screech to a halt behind a stopped person. Then some more self talk…chill, chill…

I had coiling and clipping in 2012. Initially i had extreme dizziness do bad that I could not ride in a car. Then it ceased tremendously . However, recently I am experiencing dizziness as if it is the first time. Fortunately I have been referred to an great Neurologist who I discussed my challenges with. I will share any helpful information after my next visit. Good luck and take care!

Terri

Thank you this sounds like me haha. On release from hospital right eye totally closed and my left eye had a mind of its own did amuse my kids at the time. Shopping is an issue I reckon its because I'm looking around or up and down these movements can lead to a dizzy spell. Nice to know it isn't just me feeling like this.

JulesinOH said:

I am 5 months post clipping non ruptured. It is was attached to my optic nerve...so I had a few months with monovision and retraining my eyes to work together. I still have some occasional vertigo and dizziness. Sometimes when outside of the house, like grocery shopping on my own. It's almost like there is some anxiety attached with it. I felt that way when I first started driving again, felt nauseous too. I just kept going, plugging through it, doing self talk telling myself I was okay and everything would be alright. It does pass and has become less frequent. Now, if I could just stop losing control of my emotions like yelling like a crazy person at our cats. Or getting mad while waiting 2 1/2 hrs to begin an MRI, leaving without one and driving crazy fast home due to being angry and having to screech to a halt behind a stopped person. Then some more self talk...chill, chill...

It has been since 2007, I had a clip and coil. I constantly feel like I’m about to have another rupture, which I’m told is not likely at all. 0% chance, but it terrifies me. Dizziness, nausea, headaches, neck pain. I’ve been in and out of neurologist office, and he assured me everything is fine. I’ve realized that i’d I get the slightest symptom, my anxiety goes up, and I think I’m having anxiety attacks.

I live dizzy but looking up or around makes it worse.

My husband had coiling 6 months ago and has had a full day of dizziness twice. Each time he was severly dizzy for about 24 hours. It would ease up when he closed his eyes and tried to remain still. Neuro said it is not related to coil, but I question this because he never had it before. He is on plavix and high dose aspirin, so it may be mediation related.

I had 1 clipping and 2 coilings It’s been approx 5 years now and yes I still get “light headed feelings”. Doesn’t last but about 5 mins or so. Dr say it’s not related to clippings or coilings but I totally believe it does because I never had that before Hope you better

Get tested for vertigo

For about the first year I had dizzy waves that progressively became better with vestibular exercises and time. They would happen while in a car as a passenger too so my nurse said to try to focus on something horizontal on the horizon. Sometimes just walking through a grocery store trying to take it all in like a bobble head. I can't bobble head anymore. If I'm tired I feel traces of it but if I allow myself to rest they tend to go away. For me that is.

I had coiling almost three years ago after annie rupture, about a year into recovery I started having extreme dizzy periods, the neurologist diagnosed it as Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and he recommended specific vestibular treatments by a Physical Therapist which helped the worst of it. Occasionally I have short dizzy or unsteady feelings but not the extreme like it was. Best wishes with treatment for your vertigo/dizziness! Feel better! KD

Yes, sent to a Dr. who put a camera on my eyes. Lying down then turned my head back and forth. It was the chrystals in my ears. All went back into place. She could see that my eyes were not moving like before. It worked!

Thank you for all your comments it is a comfort to know I'm not alone in this. X

hello, I felt dizzy for about the first 6 months. I still have dizzy spells, but not ones that last 45 mins!hope you feel better soon!

Hello there Kaz, I’m also I brain Aneurysm Surviver… During the first yr of recovery I had bad Headache, Dizziness,Angry n Depression. But remember u have friends here to help…n theres not Bad QUESTIONS…

Got coiled 2 yrs ago and had vertigo on and off for about a month after surgery. I’ve never had any major disabilities, but mainly headaches, dizziness, and other weird sensations (like floating, falling, or tickling of the brain) in my head. Strangely I couldn’t spin a basketball on my finger which I used to be able to do on any finger. I think it’s a fine balance issue, but nothing serious, just weird. Anyway, what remains now is dizziness and short, piercing headaches. I’ve found that I get them a lot more often when I push my self physically, mentally or if there’s too much stress. I have made major changes in my life to cope with these issues, such as moving to a smaller, simpler house, cutting out most commitments, limiting our activities, especially at night, and taking naps in the day when possible (I now work at home for this purpose). It has made a major difference in the amount of headaches and dizziness I encounter. The added benefit is that life is actually more enjoyable now that we’ve slowed down and not running thru life like maniacs. I still get dizzy everyday because I have to work and it tends to push my brain too much, and once every month or two I may have a full day of dizziness, but I just rest on those days and consider it a day to take a time out. Interestingly, watching tv helps somehow or at least gets my mind off if I’m also feeling nausea from the dizziness. So we bought a bigger tv too! Point is, it will likely get better, but may not ever completely go away, so adapt your life so that you can manage it (which you will figure out in time). Sometimes we can no longer fight it, so we have to learn how to have an enjoyable life with it.