Post PED

Pain behind right eye and side of head, normal or how do you know not normal. Thank you

Anafa you are going to be feeling many different things this soon after your procedure. Your best option is to ask your doctor. Do not feel as if you cannot call and ask questions. If it is not something you feel is urgent, then make sure you write down any questions you have so that you can ask on your post-op visit. You will learn what is "normal" for you. I know I had pains after my surgery but I had a clipping so it was pretty invasive. I actually remember telling my husband that I could hear the clips clicking in my head. He thought I was crazy. Then when I went for my post-op they asked if I had heard the clips clicking together (because they were so close to each other). I felt vindicated and sane. Now, it is the new normal for me. Try to relax and do not worry if you get nervous, that is definitely perfectly normal. Carol

I don’t have a PED but I had heck of headaches for months after rupture with coils. After time, I found out my doc knew a heck of a lot more than I and she was serious about hydration and protein intake. I was on a tremendous amount of Gatorade and 90 grams of protein.

Your Brian is healing and really needs the protein to do the job. I kept nuts in small glass containers, used protein bars and drinks. If you’re back at home, call the doctor tomorrow. If you’re still in hospital, ask to see a dietician. In hospital, they gave me protein ice cream, it tasted like the stuff we had as kids, I’m 55. I was allowed to stockpile it so I could eat protein whenever I wanted. They had threatened to put a feeding tube in me. I even shared it with some other patients until their prescription went through the kitchen. Also use the pain medication appropriately. The secondary headaches aren’t so much fun either. But try the hydration and protein tricks. And please don’t forget to contact your doctor.

Oh and a cool wash cloth on the neck is wonderful!

dearest Carol, thank you for your validation and suggestions, I am coming along nicely thankfully, and will write down concerns for doc for Tuesday follow up of my labs an blood thinners, praying that you are feeling well,
Ellie, Anafa

Carol said:

Anafa you are going to be feeling many different things this soon after your procedure. Your best option is to ask your doctor. Do not feel as if you cannot call and ask questions. If it is not something you feel is urgent, then make sure you write down any questions you have so that you can ask on your post-op visit. You will learn what is "normal" for you. I know I had pains after my surgery but I had a clipping so it was pretty invasive. I actually remember telling my husband that I could hear the clips clicking in my head. He thought I was crazy. Then when I went for my post-op they asked if I had heard the clips clicking together (because they were so close to each other). I felt vindicated and sane. Now, it is the new normal for me. Try to relax and do not worry if you get nervous, that is definitely perfectly normal. Carol

thank you so for the great suggestions, protein shakes here come I , Ellie

Moltroub said:

I don't have a PED but I had heck of headaches for months after rupture with coils. After time, I found out my doc knew a heck of a lot more than I and she was serious about hydration and protein intake. I was on a tremendous amount of Gatorade and 90 grams of protein.

Your Brian is healing and really needs the protein to do the job. I kept nuts in small glass containers, used protein bars and drinks. If you're back at home, call the doctor tomorrow. If you're still in hospital, ask to see a dietician. In hospital, they gave me protein ice cream, it tasted like the stuff we had as kids, I'm 55. I was allowed to stockpile it so I could eat protein whenever I wanted. They had threatened to put a feeding tube in me. I even shared it with some other patients until their prescription went through the kitchen. Also use the pain medication appropriately. The secondary headaches aren't so much fun either. But try the hydration and protein tricks. And please don't forget to contact your doctor.

I'm with the others, Anafa -- I had lots of headaches (150 days of them, actually) after my basilar aneurysm rupture back in 2012.

"Normal" is different for each person. If you're worried, contact your doctor. If the pain is throbbing and major bad (for you), call ASAP and/or consider an ER visit.

It's been four years since my rupture and I've learned that weather changes have a huge impact on my brain/head now. Even high pollen count (like right now) can trip me up. So can stress, tension, strong emotions, fatigue, etc. Part of the discovery of your new triggers is simple life experience -- and figuring out what is the New True for you.

Hope this helps!

Please keep us updated. We are all on this journey together and have so much to learn and share. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday :)

Anafa said:

dearest Carol, thank you for your validation and suggestions, I am coming along nicely thankfully, and will write down concerns for doc for Tuesday follow up of my labs an blood thinners, praying that you are feeling well,
Ellie, Anafa

Carol said:

Anafa,

Thinking of you today. Hope all went well at your MD visit.

Carol

Hi all, doc visit went well effluent us at therapeutic dose, whereasplavux wasn’t, this relieves me, for today grateful to be alive and have had a band if angels as my medical team!

Thanks for sharing this Anafa. You gave me a smile after a long day :)

Hi all today’s headaches tighter worse than yesterday’s, as day goes on it’s getting better not worse thankfully ~ hoping your day gets better