Pipeline stent

Just found out in angiogram that pipeline stent didn’t get rid of aneurysm entirely so have to do pipeline surgery again? Has this happened to anyine

Thanks for asking here...also go direct to the Pipeline Group...

This happens with coiling also (having to go back in). I was informed and chose coiling versus clipping, due to the potential for less issues afterwards. I go in for another angiogram in December to continue my follow ups. Would I do it different knowing coiling may not be permanent? No, I would do the same and hope the first one took care of issues. Good luck.

I had my PED and coil placed on 4/1/15. I had my 6month angio done 2 days ago, and it seems like there was not a complete seal, and some blood was going into the aneurysm above the PED. The surgeon kept going back and forth as to how to proceed (6months vs 1 yr, and whether to discontinue Plavix or not). He consulted with another dr, and then said we would do 2 more wks of Plavix and repeat Angio in 1 yr. I wish they would do it in 6 months....and he told my husband (and me) that the bloody are could get larger, and I could need another stent (so another surgery). Very sad about this as they had told me that the PED had landed exactly where they wanted (my aneurysm covers part of the ICA and the Ophthalmic artery (and it is in the ophthalmic artery where the leakage is occuring. He told me to watch for vision problems and ask my ophthalmologist to look for tiny clots....but I don't know if my ophthalmologist would see them! I have a return appt in 4 wks (ophthalmolotist), so I will check with him then... I was expecting (and they were too) that all would be perfect, and would only have to have a 5yr MRA! Bets of luck and depending on how big the blood leakeage is, maybe you should ask if doing another angio before another surgery would be prudent....I was told that sometimes it clots on its own, and then it's not an issue....I would ask your physician. Best of luck!!