Numbness

I get intermittent numbness to different body parts especially face. Sometimes legs. Scans come out ok. Does anyone else get this?

Again Welcome Connie ~ I have numbness in my right hand often...but I was told I have weakness on right side of body and damage to cranial nerves...not sure what to say, but someone else may have encountered the numbness ... similar to your's ~ Colleen

Thank you Colleen. Something is numb for a period of time everyday. It's scary sometimes but seeing some of the other posts makes it seem sort of "normal"

Hi Connie - I was coiled in March, and still get periodic numbness/tightness in my right face & neck (my annie is on my right opthalmic artery right off the carotid). My neurosurgeon suggested that anytime work is done in the carotid, that nerves can become inflamed, etc. One PA even suggested it may be nerve damage. I'm numb again today in fact. It tends to come when I am out in the heat, exercising or I think sometimes even when I may be dehydrated, as strange as that may seem. I asked if it should be a warning sign that I should stop working out, etc...and he said no, that it may just always be there as a reminder of what was once there/done. Still to me it seems strange that it comes and goes....but he did not seem concerned. Hope it starts to lessen soon for you....mine was constant for a few months after coiling, and now only comes and goes a few times/month.

Cindy

Hi Connie, don't have the numbness u describe but hopefully it's the brain healing! we all go through so many things that can't be explained. It makes it hard to know when to call for help. donna

I was going numb in my left arm, hand and eventually leg. They said it was a pinched nerve but I kept getting it. Come to find out my coils were coming out. They fixed it with a stent and now a few times a day I get a tingling sensation in my left palm (not sure if this is normal, will be asking my doc). Have they done an angio b/c my scans came back inconclusive.

will check out, thanks

hi Connie- wow im in shock-ive had numbness in whole left side of face and body for 3 yrs-i looked on your story and i read you had a sah the same as me-also i have stiffness, i thought this was normal after a sah? i know my drs are aware since i was on nuerotin for 2 yrs which did nothing,they doubled the dose but ut still didnt help. i was told that this was because of damages from the ruptured vessel bleeding on the nerves in the brain. i don't understand why they didnt tell you this? maybe mine was worse?

Thanks Cindy. Nice to hear that it may lessen with time.

Thanks Ron. At my last visit he said the numbness was probably my body getting rid of the excess blood in the brain (not in those exact words). Hope you see some improvement.

This is true. When I first started having the numbness I called the dr's office alot. Don't think they appreciated it but I didn't know any different.

Maggie, yes I had an angio few weeks ago and was good. I didn't know there could be so many problems with coils until I discovered this site. Thank you for sharing. Hope you are well.