Numbness/tingling... Paranoia

Hi, has anyone experienced extreme numbness and/or tingling on one side of their body as a result of an unruptured aneurism? I keep feeling numb on my left arm and leg and it scares te heck out of me! My neurosurgeon says it is unrelated but I’m not so certain… Thanks, Heather

Hi Heather,

extreme numbness/lack of strength and heaviness is what sent me to the ER initially when my annies were found. It was unrelated to my annies, they were found incidentally, but I did have a blood clot that lodged in between my elbow and hand. Please talk to a neurologist, or if it gets any worse, get yourself to the hospital. I was immediately admitted to the hospital because they were afraid of a heart attack, it was on my left side. Of course when they found my annies, they completely forgot about the reason I was there int he first place and immediately sent me via ambulance to another hospital to deal with my annies.

Please keep us posted on the outcome and please talk to either your PCP or a neurologist or someone!!

Linda

mine was ruptured and i get tingling also, they told me anxiety but i come to learn the blood vessels are going back together.

Hello,

My sisters right side is always numb and says it hurts her if anyone even brushes her lightly. Its been four years since hers ruptured. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with it?

I get numbness/tingles on the right side of my face, forehead, ear, lips and sometimes down my neck and arm… That claim it’s from the headaches, at which times there is no headache. I asked how can I tell the difference from that and a stroke, I was told ya can’t… Hmmmm
Good luck, hope you get better medical attention the me! Pleas keep us posted, good luck

I am left-handed, and apparently both my fists were tightly clenched all the time I was in a coma. When I woke up, I could not straighten any of my fingrs, my hands wre like claws. After tons of physiotherapy, including daily dipping my hands into near-boiling liquid wax (ouch ... ), my left hand is pretty much back to normal, but I still cannot completely straighten the fingers on my right hand, it's like the joints have fused, and I have continual numbness and tingling, like a pinched nerve, in and around the little finger on that hand. It's not a huge problem apart from some weakness in that hand, but it reminds me all the time of my illness and I hate it. Also I can no longer touch-type, due to the stiffness and bent angle of those fingers. Since I work at home as a copy editor for authors, this is a real nuisance, as I have to use the "hunt and peck" method! I did suffer a mild stroke during the recovery period in hospital, which affected my right side. Maybe that is the cause. I was referred to a traumatologist about this and he was rather dismissive, said the hand looked fairly normal and I should just put up with it. Surgery was possible but he could not guarantee that it would make any improvement and "If you were my wife I would tell you to leave it alone."
Linda Z. said:

Hi Heather,

extreme numbness/lack of strength and heaviness is what sent me to the ER initially when my annies were found. It was unrelated to my annies, they were found incidentally, but I did have a blood clot that lodged in between my elbow and hand. Please talk to a neurologist, or if it gets any worse, get yourself to the hospital. I was immediately admitted to the hospital because they were afraid of a heart attack, it was on my left side. Of course when they found my annies, they completely forgot about the reason I was there int he first place and immediately sent me via ambulance to another hospital to deal with my annies.

Please keep us posted on the outcome and please talk to either your PCP or a neurologist or someone!!

Linda

Thanks everyone- I definitely consider myself one of the lucky ones- after my coiling other than an odd tightness in my forehead I am primarily without symptoms. Super duper blessed.

Sally, I hate they didn’t keep large rolled wash cloths in your hands. It helps the muscles from atrophy as well as some physical therapy. Still painful. Have you tried one of those squishy balls to strengthen your fingers? My Dad has had numerous ischemic strokes and keeps one by his chair. He will use it when watching television or talking on the phone. He also mentioned that petting the dog and brushing her has helped tremendously. I wonder if it’s her body temperature that helps. He cannot brush for long as he is afraid he is going too hard at times.