Numbness

Has anyone ever had their right or left thumb get the numb all of a sudden, and it only lasted less than a minute ? If so, what
did you do ?

Hi Stephanie,

Please call your doctor. Any “sudden” numbness or tingling should be checked out…

Please also try to think of what you may have done to contribute to it. Heavy computer use, awkward sleep position, heavy knife use, etc.

I will pray that this is just one of life’s little annoyances.

Carole

not sure if this is your case but my husband did go thru the same symptoms after he had a rupture, after alot of disagreements the dr. believes that he had to nerve that became pinched in his elbow region by having his hands and arms restrained in the hospital during the rupture. first his fingers would go numb and after a period of time he started dropping things. they performed surgery to release the nerve and he has had much improvement although he still sometimes says two of his fingers will go numb mostly in the morning after sleep. just are experience hope its helpful :) best of luck to you

Hi Megan,

I too have problems with numbness in my hands which is why I put the emphasis on “sudden”. My relief comes from exercises. I’m glad you mentioned the elbow because that is a key culprit and the issue can arise from sitting with your elbow propped on a hard surface such as a chair arm while using a comouter or watching TV or if the armrest is too high. In some cases surgery is necessary but, such as in my case, behavior modification can also make a big difference. We also got a new sofa with lower and softer arms. :slight_smile: it made a tremendous difference.

Carole

Hi Carole,

I did go to the hospital and had a MRI done the same day I got that numbness feeling in my thumb. I don't know the test results yet, but I will or hope I will here in a little bit.

I'll try to keep ya posted. Thanks,

Stephanie

Hi Megan,

I was thinking the same thing like you did......a pinched nerve was causing that numbness feeling.........but just to be safe I went and had it checked out. I'm now waiting to hear the test results. Thanks for your reply though !

Take care,

Stephanie

keep us updated on how the results come back :)