Medicine after the dentist

Hello all! I am 5 months from a successful clipping. I went to the Dentist for a routine cleaning yesterday and everything was fine. However, the Dentist told me prior to me leaving that he had called in a prescription to my pharmacy and wanted me to pick it up on my way home and immediately take 4 Amoxicillin pills. He said it was a precaution. And so, I did what he asked. Today, however, I have swollen glands and feel like I am coming down with something. Has anyone else experienced complications after visiting a Dentist?

Hi…it’s me again. Since I posted that question a few days ago, I have gotten quite sick and have had a low grade fever for more than 24 hours. My surgeon’s assistant is out on leave and my primary Doc is not open on Fridays. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else dealt with this post-dental sickness?

Ariel...so sorry you are not getting responses...

Prayers that you are doing well...and, reached whoever (doc/dentist) you needed to...

Please keep us posted.

Ariel, call the on-call doctor right away, please. Get medical attention, and then please write us and let us know how you are.

Hello. I talked with a surgical nurse who was covering for mine and she was not concerned. The fever broke, but I am still very weak, dizzy and congested. If I still feel like this tomorrow, I am going to my Doctor. Thanks for your comment and concern. :slight_smile:

I hope you feel better soon, Ariel. It sounds like a good plan to contact the doc if you are still feeling bad tomorrow.