Is a little bit of dried blood in ear 3 weeks after clipping normal?

I had my clipping on an unruptured Annie 3 weeks ago and have noticed a bit of dried blood in my ear (same side of clipping) - is this normal? Also still have a bit a swelling in front of temple on face!!! Don’t have a check up with consultant for another 3-6 weeks.

I was coiled, not clipped...however, I think you should call your Doctors office and ask this question...better to be safe then sorry....keep us posted...Gotcha in my Thoughts...Colleen

Jo,

I agree with Colleen, please call your doctor and ask him or her this question and keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Linda

Is the dried blood maybe from the surgery? I know that 3 weeks after my clipping surgery that I still couldn't wash my hair on my own & I'm sure there were bits of dried blood in odd places. (I went to my hairdresser a week and a half after surgery & she washed my waist length hair for me.)

I think I may have still had some facial swelling, too, at 3 weeks.. Also, I think the structure of my face on the side of the surgery is slightly different, so it looks like a have just a bit of swelling, even though I don't. (My surgery was in July.)

My followup was 2 weeks post-surgery to have my stitches and one staple removed.

I really would check with your Dr however I was finding blood in my ears I had two ops one on each side in my eyebrows behind ears for a few weeks after cause I wasn’t allowed to get it wet at all the scab so tossing and turning in the night it got everywhere. Jess.xxx

Ps hope you speak to a Dr soon

Hi all and thank you for taking the time to reply. It seems all is ok. It’s so easy to get freaked out. Here’s hoping you all have a fantastic Xmas and all my best wishes for a healthy and hppy 2012 xx

Jo...you sadid "it seems all ok"...and you did not say whether you contactd your neuro, et al...

It is never too easy to get freaked out; to add to all our fantastic Christmas; I beg of you to let us know if you had your instructions from an MD...some MD....I had, and, still have some was drainage in my left ear. I am the wickedly wired woman of the "minimally invasive" coiling who lost hearing thru the cranial nerve XIII damage)

I (we all) wish you the most wonderful Christmas... please let us know you had the right check-up.

Hugs,

Pat