Headaches, exhaustion, and steroids

I’m brand new to this site but thankful I found it so early on in this journey! W are 16 days post coiling for my husband who had a very rare aneurysm, being it was 14mm off a 1mm vessel and was active and dissecting (shredding). Gratefully, it was caught and treated before rupturing. The intense headaches have been the worst with lots of light sensitivity. We found wearing a patch over the eye on the side of the aneurysm has been very helpful, but also started steroids the same day, so not sure what the biggest help has been. Unfortunately the steroids has made it hard for my husband to sleep, so the exhaustion post procedure has been hard to get past. Still, way better now the headaches have lessened.

My biggest struggle as his wife and biggest supporter is I am terrified to leave him alone. I’ve managed to have friends and family stay with him while I have gone into work a little, but since his symptoms came on so suddenly (ahead a mini stroke with the aneurysm) and then quickly came and went I just feel really nervous about it. I’ve told him I know he doesn’t need a babysitter, it’s more for my peace of mind.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions!!

Hi Laura, and welcome to this site, here you will find lots of compassionate folks--so good for asking questions, venting, laughing, and crying (!!) I've found out lots of things related to coiling, clippings, PED's, plus have made some aewsome friends too, and I've only been a member for about 6 months!

Hum...regarding leaving your husband alone...Well, I know that in my situation, after I was coiled (and after a coma/Sah) when I finally got home I was all too happy to have some "alone--just me--time", by myself...Since I was mobile and able to do everything pretty much as I had before going into the hospital, within reason ofcourse,

I didn't jump in to clean the house or anything crazy like that (lol) , I just relaxed, but being alone had no outward problems that I recall. What does your husband have to say about it? I'm making the assumption that he's in decent enough shape, say, to go to the kitchen and make a sandwich? If so, well I'd say give it a go and let him be for a few hours and see how it goes. You may be surprised . Hope this helps, Peace, Janet

I am 9 yrs past-still keep cell ph on me-when husband is gone, calls me periodically-if no answer,comes home or calls neighbor-Love and Prayers to both of you:) marcia

Thanks that may be what I need to hear. His symptoms just started so suddenly, it’s hard for me to let go of that, but I’ll keep processing. He has been left for an hour or so at. Time, at first it just seemed he couldn’t even think to help himself know what he needed, but I think that has improved. Really I don’t do a lot for him when I’m here, I just feel comforted being here :slight_smile: But it will be a process to trust and lot go a bit, a little at a time.

Thanks cell phones certainly do help - thanks!