Recovery -tiredness and mild pain on the coiled side

Hi, I had my ruptured aneurysm coiled in the beginning of November 2012. I got so blessed, I don't have any deficits. I am even back working, mostly at home and three half days at work. It helps me to feel normal and I enjoy working like I never had before in my life. Need the time at home though because I am still getting tired a lot and sometimes feel a mild pain on the side where I was coiled...no real headache just sometimes telling me its there. Is that normal? Will it go away? I am so scared now that something will happen again.

Hi Chrissi,

Wow you're already back to work! Thats really something! I was on disability a full year after my coiling, (I had been in a coma 6 weeks when they performed the coiling). I honestly can't say I could "feel" anything though inside my head with the coil, I do know that the coils can compact over time (mine did, had to have a clipping to correct the coil procedure, but that happened 3 years after getting the coils) ...I'd imagine you'll be getting the standard imaging studies to keep an eye on your coils, not sure when that would be (3 months, 6 months, etc?) Don't overdue it, rest when you can, but don't freak out. You have to figure your brain has been thru the ringer and needs time to heal itself. Best of luck to you in your recovery Chrissi ! take care, Janet

hi Chrissi! yes this normal in my opinion- i still feel little "pinches" 3 yrs post sah coiling, 2 yrs post re-coiling. I'm so happy for you to be working already. i can relate to the fears and the tiredness. Try not to worry too much but do be your own advocate. Think positive in the fact that you were fixed and soon you will get an angiogram and or mra to make sure everything is fine which i'm sure it will be! Be careful & take care!

hiya chrissi,i am the same hun mine ruptured in sep 12 and i have had headaches and sharp pains since then.i have just put a post up about this asking if this is normal.i have 4 annies all together the largest burst and was coiled but because of the weird pains etc i get i worry that the other 3 are growing.

In my opinion...sounds normal...also, you sound like you are doing and healing good...wishing that continues...Cyber~thoughts your way ~ Colleen

Thanks for all the replies. I already had an MRA in December and it showed that the Aneurysm is properly coiled. They want to do the MRA's more often since my Aneurysm was in an odd location with an odd shape. Apparently its a bulge on top of a bulge. The upper bulge ruptured and was coiled. While the lower one actually has arteries running in and out. My doctor called it an infundibulum. He said he only has seen it twice before and seems to think since there are arteries coming in and out there is normal blood flow and nothing to worry about, its just my brains configuration. But of course he wants to observe it very closely in case he is mistaken and another aneurysm will grow out of there. The next MRA will be in March and my Angiogram will be in May/June. Over all I am just so extremely thankful for my outcome so far but sometimes I am so tremendously scared and I wonder if something changed since my December MRA. This site helps me so much reading about all the experiences others had, it helps not to feel alone.