Headaches after surgery for how long?

I had a ruptured annie with coiling surgery on 9/8/10. Then 2 more coiled 5 days later. I have one more scheduled for February and a smaller one that is a “watch and see” since it is so small. So it’s about 3 months out and now I have had a headache for the last 3 days that pain meds barely work on. It’s on the left side of my head, sometimes on the top and sometimes behind my ear. Sometimes it hurts on a pain scale of 3 whereas sometimes it’s an 8 (going from 0 being nothing to 10 being the worst ever). It will spike then go dull and then spike again.

Are headaches normal after surgery? And what type and how long? I went one other time about a month after being released and ended up having a lumber puncture and they HURT! Nothing was wrong so they drugged me up and sent me home. So I don't want to be running to the ER for every tinge of pain in my head. Please keep in mind that the weather is changing in Ohio and it's also that time of month for me. So I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Sorry if that's TMI, but I'm starting to get worried.

My husband seems to think I will be alright. He says I'm over doing it by being back to work full time at a job that gets on my nerves and stresses me out at times. Not to mention it's the holiday season and things are "really getting to me" easier than before. If I wasn't such a small thing, I'd probably scare some people! LOL

So should I be going to the ER or hospital or just waiting a few more days? I don't have any other symptoms. I am eating (especially the cookies), active, sleeping well, and loving on my kids. No speech problems or other stroke signs. But this headache has had me in bed if I'm not at work or church. So any info or concerns, let me know what you would do.

Also, if anyone would like to become support buddies and maybe exchange phone numbers so we can all and discuss worries more easily on the phone, email me and lets see if it's in our best interest to help each other through these troubling times. Sorta like a sponsor! Gotta be able to put up with crying! LOL