Headaches after coiling?

Hello,

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op. I had coiling on a 7.5 mm Intracranial Carotid Aneurysm located behind my left eye. I was blessed that it had not ruptured. I was wondering how long I should expect headaches. A week after the procedure the headaches were few and far between, but the last 2 days I have a lot of pain/pressure in the area of my left eye and also sharper pains below and above my eyebrow. I was told it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. I know everyone is different, but I would really like to hear about other experiences. It has only been 5 weeks since the aneurysm was discovered and I am still coping with the idea that I even have it in the first place.

Thank you so much for any feedback.

Hello,

I hope you feel better soon. I was curious about the operating risk they gave you for this aneurism and where you had your operation done.

I have one that is behind my right eye and I was told the risk is higher than some other places to operate.

You are lucky all went well and you are over with it.

All the best, take care

Laura

Hi Laura,

I was told the risk was a little higher since there is the possibility of loss of eyesight, but the benefits outweighed the risks. I know that is broad, but when I thought and over-thought about it, I was okay with the risks. My Interventional Neurologist, Dr. Miley, was so thorough and compassionate with his explanation that he really put me at ease. My surgery was done at Seton Williamson Medical Center in Round Rock, Texas.

I am sorry if this is not what you were looking for. I am very much a numbers person, but have realized everyone is different and I can only get ranges. If I can ever be of more help, please let me know. This is a very difficult thing to go through and I will keep you in my prayers.

Best Regards,

Amanda

Thank you for your answer and information. For now I am just watching mine that is 3 mm.

(I also have a 2mm one on another spot)

I'm waiting for my son to be 18 (he will be 14 soon) to think of surgery, since for me it is of higher risk at this point.

Keep good,

Laura