Headaches

I just found your group and so grateful that I have. I’m 8 weeks post surgery for ruptured Annie. I’ve been suffering only from headaches and slightly distorted vision. These headaches are daily and sometimes brutal. I’ve just been sucking it up and dealing with them just being thankful I’m even alive. I’m sorry most of you here are years out and are still suffering, but I no longer feel so alone. I hate it when my friends and family ask me how I’m doing! I just wanna slap em’ and say I feel like I had my head cracked opened and my brain played with!! Stop asking me! If there’s. Change I’ll let you know!!! Grrrr! It’s very hard not to be cantankerous. I thank you all for sharing what’s going on with you, it’s very, very helpful even if you don’t realize it, honestly, thank you!! Xoxo
Jody

It sounds miserable, Jody. It is so soon after your surgery -- I hope that improvement keeps coming and you wake up one day soon and say, "Wow. No headache." There is a migraine group on the site -- just click on "Groups" at the top of the page to find it. Perhaps there may be some tips there to help you cope with these headaches. All the best to you!

Tired of people asking me too coming up on my one yr post coiling come 11/23. If I get tired ppl call to check on me ask how u doing. I started replying, “Well I’m vertical and breathing”. That seems to make them understand I’m here, but still having issues.

Love that, "I'm vertical and breathing." I realize people want to be supportive, but casual question and the wide-eyed sympathy face do get old.

Jody, like Dancermom says, it is very soon after your surgery so there is a good chance that you will get more healing and less headache. I know there are people suffering from long term headaches, but it doesn't happen to everyone. I ruptured and got clipped 3 1/2 years ago and mostly don't have headaches. I think I have benefited a lot by having cranial-sacral body work. With light touches, people trained in this therapy set the pathways of cerebral spinal fluid flow to better operation. Sometimes my head feels extra big and hard and my take on it is that the CSF is stopped up. I go to my body worker and somehow they release it and my scalp becomes more pliable and normal feeling.

Troy, thanks for your comment! I saw my massage therapist today and she can do that and something like Rike? She will concentrate a little more for me n the cranial sacral work

Troy said:

Love that, "I'm vertical and breathing." I realize people want to be supportive, but casual question and the wide-eyed sympathy face do get old.

Jody, like Dancermom says, it is very soon after your surgery so there is a good chance that you will get more healing and less headache. I know there are people suffering from long term headaches, but it doesn't happen to everyone. I ruptured and got clipped 3 1/2 years ago and mostly don't have headaches. I think I have benefited a lot by having cranial-sacral body work. With light touches, people trained in this therapy set the pathways of cerebral spinal fluid flow to better operation. Sometimes my head feels extra big and hard and my take on it is that the CSF is stopped up. I go to my body worker and somehow they release it and my scalp becomes more pliable and normal feeling.

Gee, Judy, hang in there. 8 weeks is really soon. My guess is that those headaches will get better. I don't remember if I had ordinary headaches, but I do remember short-lived sensations like a stake was being driven into my head. That gradually decreased so it felt like a nail. I'm 3 1/2 years out now and I almost never get those stabs now. I also get some cranial sacral work by a chiropractor and a Rolfer. That helps especially when I get the feeling that my skull is too tight for the stuff inside it. I don't know but I think that is related to the flow of CSF. The other thing that seems to stay constant is that I have to have a nap every day, around mid day. Otherwise my head gets cranky, tight, painful, useless..depends on the day.