Has anyone had vertigo symptoms / episodes because of aneurysm

vertigo symptoms / episodes because of aneurysm? I had two episodes of passing out, nausea and vomiting… Pitting me in ER and drs are not sire if is related?

Most of us deal with balance, vertigo, etc., issues...most of our Doctors say it is not related...but when you read and find so many people with these symptoms...you begin to wonder...I have no doubt mine comes from my Brain aneurysm...~ Colleen

I was wondering the same thing today. I never had nausea or dizziness until after my coiling and now it is a daily thing.

i only had my ruptured aneurysm op on jan 30th and this is all very new to me but i suffer with vertigo too… im sure its connected

I had a SAH,stroke, 2 coil embolisms 5 yrs ago the first 2 years I was taking keppra for seizures and had an extreme case of vertigo it then subsided at the 3 yr point. I am now going through a high conflict divorce and am having vertigo, headaches and dizziness even in my sleep.

iactuallygetnauseatedin theca rnowitoldmyneurodocandheprescribedzorpham,notsureofspelling,itdissolvesunderthetongueandcalmsmystomachdown.

Cerwin...

balance /coordination seems to be a problem for many of us...

You may want to research the cranial nerves...CN VIII is vestibulocochlear...vestibulo relates to balance...and, there are more "connections"...of our CNs...

My first was a black-out (syncope) to ER w/a fractured shoulder...check-in record notes syncope...and, the doc only did an x-ray of my shoulder...and, washed down a lot of pain meds...etc...

I had two more emergencies over 29 days...between which I saw a number of docs...outside the ERs...

And, we are told over and over what our symptoms should/may be...when we are asked, if our symptoms do not fit the aneurysm list...it is denied as related...

Conversely, we have had a number of members who have noted their aneurysm was discovered...when they were in for other diagnostic testing...I think it would be grand if you all could connect to compare your symptoms...what they were being diagnosed for...and, the results of that...i.e. did it, or did it not, diagnose another disease, too...for which they were scheduled for the testing that discovered an aneurysm...

At the least, we all may learn which symptoms/other disease to use....to possibly secure the testing...

Prayers you will get many more responses ...

Pat

my husband had his ruptured annie on November 8th had coiling procedure done, had complications with vaso spasms, and blood infection been home since Dec 2nd, he is still having headaches, memory loss and cognitive loss, this weekend he was working on his truck with our son Andrew and all of a sudden he said I'm really dizzy have to sit down. He looked so flushed and said everything looks like it's going side ways. I know he's had this b4, I can tell by his walking and some of his actions. so I really think vertigo is a side affect for him now, he also got confused and lost coming home about 20 miles on a road he has driven a 1000 times over, couldn't figure out where he was. We are trying to work with a neurologist here for his symptoms, but not very successful yet. hope yours sub sides after a while.

I went to my neurosurgeon one day this week, and asked him about this as it is something I deal with everyday. He said that it’s most likely related to something in my inner ear which can be caused by the fluid from my rupture. If it persists there is some type of therapy that I can do to try to stop it. It’s so frustrating! I almost got sick laying down for my CT scan. Hopefully they can figure out that this is tied to it all and provide a cure. It sure makes daily activities difficult.

I have been dealing with this issue for 2 years now! The neurosurgeon and neurologist both insist that aneurisms cause none of these issues! I say they are full of crap!!! I am just curious of where your Annie is located? That seems to be the common thread with certain symptoms! Mine is in the anterior communicate artery!

tami...
There is an organization re: driving and state laws... www.iovs.org/cgi
The things they address up front are: hemianopsia and quadrantopia...the vision related issues...there is so much overlap in our brain functions/areas...go together/interlap/connect..

In January I sent the article on "brain death" to our "ask the doc"...what drew me to it was in the article they relate to the inner ear pathway to the visual eye muscle control...tho it is not specific on which cranial nerves... can sort of assume...if research the cranial nerves... and, likely the neuro-docs will presumably explain them...

I could write so much of my experiences...I used my GPS to direct me to my home of years...

sometimes I could not comformtably recognize a block on my way to home...

We likely can share so much more...what I realize...the kindness of friends was always "that's ok"...etc etc...a momentarily comforting statement...that does not escalate recovery...

Michele I deal with it too...and my brain aneurysm ... one is behind my left eye...the one coiled was my basilar artery tip...

I totally agree. My vertigo is what prompted my MRA - thankfully - and they found the annie. With that being said tho...I still have vertigo after the pipeline stent...so go figure.

Paraclinoid left ICA … Left eye…

I think I mentioned this here, I had severe vertigo, went to the hospital and they found a giant inoperable anuerysm. I was told the two weren't connected, but after reading about this here I think they could be wrong. I couldn't sit up without throwing up, so my daughter called the paramedics and I went to Good Sam here in Los Gatos, CA., Northern California that is. WE are so accustom to listening to our doctors, we are not our own advocates, which isn't a good thing.

I had 6-7 opinions, and ended up with Dr. Micheal Alexander at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, CA. The best I highly recommend him.

I agree as well. I never had issues with vertigo until after my aneurysm rupture. Now I have intermittent issues. I can usually tell when I'm going to have a bout because I experience the sensation of moving even though I'm still. For example, I'm driving and put the car in park but I feel like I'm still moving. When this happens, I know that a vertigo episode isn't far away.

I feel like I’m constantly in a vertigo state. I feel very off balance, dizzy, nauseas, and I always have a headache. I think it’s real rated to my aneurysm.

My chronic vertigo is what led to finding my I ruptured annie.

I will try to make my long story short. 5 years ago I started having episodes of vertigo and passed out once. I also had severe nausea and all of this was causing panic attacks. I have a history of panic attacks, but not to this extent. The doctor ran tests and concluded that I was stressed and it was psychological problems. I was referred to a psychiatrist who began treating me for depression and panic disorder. I was put on anti depressants and anti anxiety medication. The symptoms got better. Then I was not feeling the antidepressants were needed so the doctor advised me to stop. Many months later the vertigo came back. More tests with another doctor, unusual activity in the migraine center of my brain came up. More tests revealed the annie. In the end, it was found that I have silent migraines and migraine induced vertigo. I have headaches sometimes, but never the pain associated with migraines. One of the treatments for migraines is antidepressants and anti anxiety medication, which is why my symptoms went away for years and came back when I stopped. I’m back on that medication and it has stopped. This is something that is rare, or at least widely misdiagnosed because it mimics other things and does not show typical pain symptoms. I has episodes of vomiting and nausea for weeks at a time, seeing spots and small flashes of light, vertigo, dizziness, and fatigue.

Also, I had no issues until after I had a very traumatic birth with an extremely high amount of blood loss. It is thought that trauma or blood loss can cause this. It is hard to know if the Annie is causing any of these issues as well.