Question on Dizziness

I had ruptured aneurysm in 2008 and had a surgery for it. By the grace of God, I am doing pretty well. One of the things I'm experiencing is when I bend down, bow down to tie my shoe or so something of that sought, I get dizzy for just a couple of seconds. My question is, after surgery, does dizziness persist for ever? Thank you.

Hi there I get dizzy sometimes and my op was 2002 that is something I would like to know though was it caused by the sah will it always be there. Sorry I can’t help. Jess.xxx

Hi Vivian...good question...prior to my annie being found...I was diagnosed with vertigo...I kept telling the Doctor something wasn't right...it was more than that, for 2 years prior...I would get dizzy and fall...now it has improved since surgery...but still not right...

Hi Colleen and Jessica,

Thank you so much for your response. It seems like I will have to get use to dizziness here and there. I just have to make sure to bend slowly, get up slowly etc.

Also drink plenty of water that helps too. Jess.xxx

I am 2 and a half years post op and i still get dizzy they call it vertigo but i see im changing to where i can run around now as before i couldnt or to afraid to. And it can be blood pressure issues.

Hi Laurie,

I was a little concerned but reading the replies I've received, I know it's normal. You are right, I will check to make sure it's not my blood pressure. Thank you so much.

Hi Vivian,

My experience is that the dizziness that comes own when you bend down and get back up pretty fast can continue long past your surgery. It has not been steady but it does seems to come and go from time to time. My dizziness does not call me to fall or stumble but I am "aware" of it. I'm even more aware of it in the last couple of weeks since my angiogram.

My blood pressure is well controlled so that probably is not the cause. I've only had one bout with vertigo and that was about 5 years ago. Another time, about 3 years ago, when I had more noticed dizziness when walking was deemed related to stress. That was handled by wearing a cervical collar for about a month.

Good luck to you. Please take your time getting up!

Carole

Hi Carole G,

Thank you so much for your advise. As you said, I don't feel dizzy enough to fall or stumble but when I bend or something, I will feel quick dizziness. The good thing is, it doesn't happen often. I am relieve to hear from the replies that it does happen. Thank you so much.