A "9 to 5'er" :-)!

Wanted to provide this amazing group with an update to let you know I'll be a "9 to 5'er" starting on Monday, 11/17. I've truly enjoyed the luxury of working from home, picking up odd jobs here & there, since my "undiagnosed" AVM ruptured in 2011 and am just super-thrilled to be heading back into the office for a Company known for their integrity & outmost respect for their employees -- Yayyyy ME :-))! With that being said, I will not be able to check in here as often as I'd like to; but please know that You, Your Recovery and Your well-being are always in my heart & thoughts --> remember to always celebrate the small & the big accomplishments you conquer thru your healing journey

Oh, and I will be sure to periodically provide an update on how we are doing with the "Survivor Research Rally" --> the online "Fundraising" Campaign event for the "Survivor Community" to personally give this “one-of-a-kind” Foundation a "present; wrapped in a pretty red bow" for their "20th Anniversary" celebration as they step into 2015...making even more inroads for us! I personally know so much more about these Aneurysm/AVM beasts & all because of everything this Foundation does to support and advocate for us; including providing this online support platform for us :)❣

Here's the link to the "Survivor Research Rally" & Thank You to All who have joined with me so far: we have from now until December 31st to personally hand the Foundation a present from us to help them; help us in 2015 :)! http://give.bafound.org/site/TR?px=1038817&fr_id=1080&pg=personal

Beautiful Erin, BEST of luck to you!!! If you can do it we all can do it. Keep us posted!!!

Will be sure to keep you posted Nikki and Thank You so much!!! Ain't letting this beast hold me back --> if there's a Will; there's a way :-)! I did make a slight career change but not by much though and, oh, this company is just a short 4-mile commute from my home -- A Blessing for sure & You can do it too :)!

This is wonderful to hear, congratulations! I have an AVM with associated Cavernoma in addition to my aneurysm (they found while imaging the CM bleed) which was clipped two and a half years ago.
So! 3 1/2 years! You give me hope!

Congratulations, you will do a fine job. My prayers go with you.

Well done Michelle and best wishes for the future, keep in touch when you can!

Regards

Martin

Michele...I am delighted for you...and, wishing you your best results for each step forward...Be sure to get your rest...Please do keep us informed...Pat

I went back to work a year ago from 9 - 4 each day, 6 months after my aneurysm, SAH and two craniotomies, yet I still seem to find the time to check in :slight_smile: Maybe too often? Good luck to you!!!

Congratulations!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!
Stacy

Thanks great, I m glad you are able to go back to work full time, there is hope. Only the best to you

Thank you soooo much for the Prayers and well wishes everyone -- just so very appreciated... GROUP HUG from me to You! I've been searching for the right job for well over 2 years now! After being laid off from the wrong company...the BEST company is brining me on board ...and was so worth the wait & the many rejections I was handed as I pounded the pavement looking for work! I have to say this AVM speed bump has pulled UP Strength IN me I never knew I had. Early on in my recovery, my doctors told me I would never be able to go back to work doing what I've been doing for 20+ years; especially after having to proceed thru radiation treatments....Hearing this only fueled even more Strength in me to fully embrace this 2nd chance at Life and what I now call my "new normal" and I truly feel "Stronger & Better than Eva" ---> If we say we "Can't"; we "Won't" BUT if we say we "Can"; we "WILL" and the Fight we will Win :))! I will be checking in to see how my extended family is doing and, until then, be well & always be kind to yourself as you heal! Thank you again...Michele.

This is great news Michelle! I haven’t been on this site that long but in the time here your posts have always made me feel good and you are always so positive it’s an inspiration. I wish you the best and seeing how you have forged ahead with your recovery this is well earned and absolutely well deserved. Stop by when you can! We will miss your ray of sunshine so don’t stay away too long! Lots of happiness for you and your family!

Good luck with the new job. Enjoy it!! I managed to work for 27 years after my rupture, albeit with problems along the way, but I always regard problems as challenges...there to be faced! Have a great time at your new job. X

Congratulations, Michele, wishing you great success in your new position!

Best of wishes to you! You ROCK!!!! Please do keep in touch! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so sweet Wendy and Thank You! I will not be staying away too long; I still need the support of my extended family which is right here on this forum! So I will surely be stopping by, here and there, and Please know that I wish You and Your Family all the Happiness & Healing You deserve!

Yes, Doreen, problems are challenges that are meant to be faced - Love that & Thank YOU!!!

Doreen Garrett said:

Good luck with the new job. Enjoy it!! I managed to work for 27 years after my rupture, albeit with problems along the way, but I always regard problems as challenges...there to be faced! Have a great time at your new job. X

Did you tell them about your ruptures?

Hi Vicki,

No I did not --> The way I see this is this --> any health related trial or issue is not anything that would or should come up during any interview process and there is not any need, nor is it required, to disclose this or any prior health issues. Everyone on this planet has had some health related issue...some very serious and some not; and if this were ever a barrier to employment; no one would be working.

Vicki Russell said:

Did you tell them about your ruptures?

Wise decision, Michele.