That 1st anniversary is RIGHT around the corner for me!

Next Monday, the 31st, will be eventful in our family as our daughter and son-in-law will celebrate their first wedding anniversary!! It was a beautiful wedding....the pictures show it...but I was NOT there....you see Sunday, the 30th, will be the FIRST anniversary of my rupture. While preparing the fellowship hall for wedding festivities, I went down after feeling dizzy. I was alone as my son had left me to go get us some lunch. I woke up on the floor thinking that whatever was going on was not good and that I wasn't going to be able to shake this one off. Because I landed face first, I believe I hit one of the folding table legs on my way down. I had a BAD contusion on the right side of my forehead. I was able to phone my husband and ask for help. He sent an ambulance. They thought I was dehydrated and had a concussion from the fall. Instead the scan showed a ruptured aneurysm (picture below) in the anterior communication areas of my brain. I was in Surgical ICU for just under three weeks with angiograms almost daily to fight vasospasms.

I am so proud that after one year, I am doing excellent and was still here to celebrate Christmas with my family, and, God willing, on December 30th the 1st anniversary of my "new" life as an aneurysm survivor!! Merry Christmas to all and I PRAY we all have a wonderful NEW YEAR!!! God bless you all!

368-Myaneurysm.jpg (67.6 KB)
  • Happy Anniversary to you AND~~~ yours! thank you for sharing- i'd like to get to know each one of you better- i now recall your story- maybe now i'll remember!!lol, i think communication is key to our recovery. This communication on here is so helpful- i can't explain it, its like practice for our everyday socialization so if i mess up remember im in training!!!-lol Heyyyy Tera that means OUR anniversary is almost here!!! hint hint- lol~~ ps thank God your there with your family and here with us! We thank you for your support!

Happy Annie~versary to YOU Tera and To your Daughter and son~in~law...~ We are truly blessed...

God Bless you too...and Cheers to a Happy and Healthy New Year ~ Colleen

LOL!!! Happy anniversary Ron!!! I think it was around one month after my annie when I joined so almost there!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas season!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Thanks Colleen!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Congratulations Tera! Even before I had he rupture I was telling everyone any day I woke up on this side of the ground was a good day. Even more so after the rupture. Congratulations on the additions to your wonderful family. Happiest of New Years to you and yours!

Thanks Myra!!

And have a Happy New Year TOO!!!