4th and FINAL surgery date...Hair falling out!

I had massive hair loss, and it's the second time, loss hair after cancer, it come back curly, I also loss hair after sugery for aneurysm and it has came back with curl in places lol but it look great when I fix it. You have to learn to hold yeur head high, you are alive, as I told 2 ladies in a doctors office that was making fun of my hair being spiked (it was growing back and it was standing up about an half inch, I told them that the doctor shave it to do brain surgery and that they were next. they didn't say another word.

Hey Jaycie,

It's been awhile!

I have not been under general anesthesia since March..I personally think it's due to the meds and how my body has reacted to them. At some pointe I think the body just says ok enough is enough! The last couple of days I seem to be losing less or because it's so short now it's just going down the drain..lol

Either way I see less in the shower :-)

Emotionally..hmm..I think that I am doing pretty good. As for the anxiety and fear there really is not much for the surgery its self, there is more for antibiotics and infection. I am anxious to see what I am going to look like after this. I trust that my neuro is going to the best that he can.

How are you doing these days?

Thoughts and Prayers!

Kimberley

Thanks Deanna :slight_smile:

Wilma,

I am so sorry you have had to deal with it not once but twice :-(.

For me losing my hair was just something else I didn't need at this time. I am thankful that I am alive!

When half my forehead was removed 5 months ago I was told that it was not going to be pretty. Pretty it is not but it's not what determines who I am. After my last surgery I said that I would not go out withouth wearing a hat because of how I thought I would look to other people. I wore a hat for a couple of weeks but then decided that I got delt a crappy hand of cards and this is just the way it is. I started to not care what other's might think. It's what I think that matters most! I am Kimberley and if I have a ditch in my head or not does not change who I am!

Let people make fun of you. Those are the people that should shut up and be greatful that they are not in your (our) shoes. Those are the type of people that don't have compassion for others.

Everyday go with your head held high because you know more about life then those who have not gone through what we have. We have the real prospective!

*hugs*

Kimberley