3 months check up for coil

I have my 3 months check up for my coil (angiogram). It was placed in August. It’s on Wednesday. I am kinda nervous. The coiling was an emergency the first time. My mom was there (she is an ICU nurse) I felt safe. But now I’m really feeling nervous and a little scared. I don’t under stand why they can’t be happy with the MRI result I had the other day? Can someone answer this question?Should I be nervous?

Being a bit nervous Is normal, it’s the not knowing that causes it IMHO. The angiogram will let the doc know if the coils have compacted and the neck closed much better than the MRA

Good luck and I hope yours is fully occluded!

2 Likes

Yes , I think it’s usual - to do angiogram as well , to see better picture from inside …

1 Like

Okay and thank you!

1 Like

I had an angiogram in June (3 months after my release from the hospital) and I have another one scheduled for February (one year from the rupture). If all goes well (fingers crossed) this will be my last one. It was easier for me the first time around because I have no memory from the headache from the rupture and the 3 weeks I was in ICU and the memory is still a bit sketchy, at best. Just don’t be discouraged or surprised if they want one more look.

I wish you the best of luck with your angiogram and the results.

Thank you, I had the angiogram done today. All is well.

2 Likes

The cerebral angiogram is the gold standard for viewing angiograms. Hoping you get good news today At the end of Nov., I will be having an MRI to check if my annie is completely occluded.

1 Like

Great… glad all went well.

1 Like

Having the angio is reassuring both for the doctors and you. It clearly shows the position of the coils and how well the “annie” is doing. I had one every year, then MRIs and this year may be my last.

1 Like

I had Angiogram and couple MRI
The neurosurgeon wants to see clearly what’s going on inside there
For my case, he found out my blood clots disappeared, it might be my aneurysm getting smaller, but it is still same size
As a result, there is more space, he said no need to anything, just watch for now . Also post aneurysm surgery brought me to brain compression that’s hit medulla .

Every body is different, but it is better to find out
Rather than worried for not knowing it

GBU

1 Like

Glad it went well. I have one coming up in Jan. To check my coiling done in June.

Thanks Kitty, I’m pretty sure yours is going to go well. I’ll be praying for you.

I had a 9mm annie coiling done 11 months ago.
No followup angiogram or MRI done as yet.
I thought they were done at 6 months.
I am a little concerned.

Wendy, call the surgeon and ask them about their follow up procedures.