2 1/2 years and NO GROWTH! -

My two aneurysms we’re checked after 5 years in December also no growth ! Good to remember we are out there for the watch and wait crowd.

Hello Jaycie,

This is really good news for you and for other people on BAF who have suffered the same probelms you have, it gives us all the reassurance and hope, not only the patient but people like me a carer of a loved one, it's so important to get this sort of feed back.Sue my wife had an SAH 18 months ago and has one small unruptured aneurysm,so i would like to ask you, are there any things you aviod doing, she has put on so much wieght over the last 18 months but is a bit apprehensive to what sort of exercise to do and how much,she worried she may increase the size of the unruptured one, it always best to ask the people that has been there and done it. Best Wishes John & Sue

Hi John and she
I was given no restrictions on activity- but I remember that I did feel very apprehensive when first going back to yoga. And then I felt exhilarated to not be bound by my fears. I’ve now done aerobics classes. Barre exercise classes w weights (pretty strenuous workout), and lots of Dance. classes. Is her doctor restricting her activities? I know in the beginning even sneezing felt scary! But excess weight alone is a risk factor- and exercise has so so many benefits.

Sorry- John and SUE!

I don’t restrict my activity nor does my neurosurgeon tell me to. It is on my mind but try to let it not interfere with my life. I often think of getting a second opinion but part of me really doesn’t want to for lots of reasons. I waited 5 years to get my second scan and I was very scared waiting for results. I have never had a SAH which I think makes it much easier having not gone through that. My neurosurgeon is Olgilvy at Mass General in Boston with a good reputation and he has told me they find more of these small ones with the technology. Mine are also in a bad to fix area which is another reason I have made the watch and wait decision. Best Kelly