New issues with coiling -stent

So I just got some new news at my second year follow up on a coil-stent procedure I had March 2012. They say the artery leading to the coiling has narrowed and shows small black spots that may be pieces of my stent that have fallen off. Apparently I have had two mini strokes because of this but didn't realize the symptoms. I'm now on plavix and am scheduled for an angiogram on June 9th so they can further analyze what's going on. My guess is that they will have to replace the stent. I really thought I was in the clear so this is very discouraging. I'm trying really hard to keep a good attitude though. Can anyone else relate?

awww so sorry Kelly, you must be devastated, i cannot relate too much since i have no stent but i do know the fear and frustration of re-do's, good to hear your good attitude- keep it going! one more hurdle, hang in there and let us know- we will help you thru this~ keeping you in thoughts and prayers~~~

(((Kelly))) I am so sorry...the journey seems never ending...and I must admit no one told me before my coils that there is a chance they can compact and need more added...and yet so many here at BAF this has happened...I am due for my angio followup this summer...~ keep us posted...and I will keep you close to my thoughts and prayers for the June 9th angio...Colleen

Kelly...I can only say prayers is, will to be, surrounding you...

I would get too emotional and too specific on more...

Hugs and prayers and awaiting your results...

Pat

Hi Kelly,

Yeah its very disconcerting to have what we think is a 'done-deal' turn around and go awry. My coils compacted after having them for three years, and at the time I thought I was having yet another aneurysm as the pain was very much like the rupture I had the 3 years earlier -- and i thought i was fixed and good to go with no more looking back--wrong! I didn't realize that coiling was not considered a 'done-deal' at the time, and the fact that my life was suddenly interrupted once again by the same annie that I'd thought was 'fixed' irked the hell out of me.. I was able to get a clipping however and was able to avoid having more coils added. (I can relate !!) Best of luck to you,

Peace, Janet

Hi Kelly, I am from Sydney Aus. I had 2 stents in May 2012, I have just had my 2 year check up & the scan is showing significant narrowing of the artery, I am going for mor scans next week to get a better picture of what is happenning inside the stents. Have you had any additional treatment since your last post. Like you I am trying to stay positive, I really thought I have been fixed lets live happily ever after.

HI Kelly! I was curious what kind of stent it was that you have?

neuroform, enterprise, PED: the pipeline or something else?

I know I saw recently there was a recall on a certain lot of PED stents. http://www.dicardiology.com/article/covidien-implements-voluntary-r...

Im sorry you have to deal w/ this!!

I have coils and a stent:neuroform. (coiled twice though. I have a large wide neck ani. that after first rupture I had stent assisted embolization, then, a month later it rebled, and they put in more coils.

My coils have since then moved up- meaning there is still an area that is getting blood flow into the aneurysm. They tried to add the PED stent, but they couldnt cross the struts of my previous stent to deploy the PED stent.

I was glad because I really was worried about the consequences of having the PED stent.

now, they want to try a new software to help them " see" better through the artifacts- to help guide them better through my previous stent to possibly retry the PED...

although I still dont like the idea of another stent- Just wished adding more coils would work, especially since now there is more room for coils to go in- but, I guess they dont think that would solve my problem!!

It scary, it's frustrating! I hope they find a solution that works and keeps you safe!!