2 1/2 years and NO GROWTH! -

Hi everyone -

I haven't been around here in a long time, but I've spent tons of time here in the past.

About 2 1/2 yrs ago I learned I had 2 aneurysms (unruptured). The large one was coiled and a stent was placed. Completely successful - no longer even considered an aneurysm.

My other one was only 2mm - my surgeon tried very hard to coil it when he was coiling the large one, but at 2mm the coils wouldn't stay in, so we've been just watching it since.

It took 2 MRA's and one CTA over the past 4 weeks (long story), but I just learned today that after some initial concerns, my 2mm aneurysm is stable and hasn't grown.

Had it grown even 1mm - reaching a size of 3mm - he would have coiled it.

It's crazy late or I'd write more, but I really just wanted to share this good news. I know how scared I was 2 1/2 yrs ago when this nightmare began, so if letting others know that I'm doing perfectly fine now, and that my small aneurysm hasn't changed, and that helps anyone feel comforted - then that's my goal!

Big hello's to all my BAF friends!

Jaycie

I

Good news!

Judith

Great news! I hope it continues for you.

Great news...so pleased for you...

Pat

((((Jaycie))))

So good to see you and a Big Congratulations...~ When I think of my early days in this journey, you always come to my mind...

Life is Good ~ Enjoy your good news and have a beautiful day ~ Colleen

Jaycie! Thanks for the great news! I experienced a ruptured aneurysm less than a year ago. I have a second, smaller one we are monitoring. Will have my follow up MRA to look at the previously ruptured one and check on the second one on April 8. Hope I get good news, too.
JIM, thanks for sharing your positive info, too. Much appreciated! (:>

Teresa

Hello Jaycie,

What wonderful news to hear ! Peace, Janet

Hi Jaycie,

Celebrating your news! What symptoms did you experience after your coiling and stent and for how long? How are you now after 2 1/2 from it?

Knowing

I have to say - I had a more difficult time post surgery than I was led to believe I would have. So many places say that you'll be up and around in a few days. It was much longer before I felt fully like myself again - I had headaches, my head just felt wierd - hard to explain but perhaps you've been through it and know what I mean. I also was extremely anemic and needed blood, so that may have also impacted my recovery. Maybe a couple months before I felt really good. I went to Mexico 2 months post surgery, and wouldn't have gone if I weren't feeling well. And once I got better, I was better. I feel absolutely fine now - no residual symptoms at all. I still get headaches, but I know they aren't aneurysm related. Just average headaches. My first few migraines post surgery did scare me though = but I know I had migraines before the aneurysms and I will contine to.

Have you been coiled?

My heart goes out to you. Wow, that is what I been reading on many post that headaches comes along with coiling! I have 3 aneurysms on January 18th, the first one was treated with only a stent because it was large and with a wide neck. Recently I had a CT Scan and my surgeon told me that it has gone down significantly from 10.8 down to 2-Praise the Lord!

I have been experiencing major anxiety, fear, and at times panic, which these symptoms have been an unexpected surprise call it ignorance, but I never thought I would go through these situations. Two months have barely passed and I still feel weird in my head so I know what you mean! I pray for that day to come when I can say like you, "I feel absolutely fine now-no residual symptoms at all." I do have some headaches, but they are tolerable. My treatment ends by July and my stent should be healed successfully, then comes the word "Coiling" to treat the 2nd aneurysm.

That is I'm asking all I can about this option, my surgeon told me he might consider offering me the option of coiling and a stent with a treatment that will only last for a month. I think, how would I feel having a healed aneurysm(which can it be completely healed ?) and at the same time having another one being healed? Will I feel my head more weird and abnormal?

I doubt that having one healed w the stent will make any future recoveries any more difficult. I think that once it's healed and you feel better then you will stay that way. And maybe your next recovery will be faster. As somebody told me rececntly when we thought I might need my second one coiled.....your body has already been through it once, and healed. Your body knows what to do and was successful.

Are you having the 2nd and 3rd ones treated?

Knowing...

Soooo amazng...Was that stent the one called pipeline? or another brand?

I am so curious...why coiling based on your first results and the potential treatment that would last only one month?

It is so impressive...and, so confusing...

Cheers for your success...prayers for the next steps...

Pat

I really don't know if my surgeon wants to do both or just the second one. I would imagine it might be too much dealing with 2 at a time, even if its possible I believe I would choose one at a time. I won't know until July. I am hoping that once the meds treatment ends by July, I will start feeling much better, my body have been very symptomatic towards them that causes my anxiety to arise to the occasion. With your coiling, do you feel it in back of your head, like there is something there?

Hello Pat,

Sorry for the non specification, yes its a pipeline stent. Well, my second one is 7mm with a narrow neck so coiling/stent is the best option based on doctor's expertise. I am very blessed to have one of the best surgeon in my area. He is an expert and he is known for his gift in treating aneurysms. I don't know why he told me that treatment would only take a month. We really haven't talked thoroughly is too early. I won't know until July.

Yes, do pray and nice meeting you! Let me know how can I pray for you

My surgeon planned to do both at once and spent a long time trying to do the 2nd one but it was just too small. I think they are used to doing 2 at a time - personally I'd rather have less procedures if they could manage 2 at once. But your doctor will know what's best.

Thank you...

Prayers would be cherished for the Board and Medical Advisory Board to my "ask the doc" questions and the Board's proposed new webinar...this data is so critical for each of us, to spouses, to family, to friends, associates, to new members...

Thank you for your blessing...I had one of the warmest feelings I have had in ages; from days to years...disgust, distrust, revulsion, anger and fear override sensibility to turn commitment into prayer...You are my blessing...

Hugs and prayers for your continued results, sharing, and updating...

Pat

Jaycie-

That's a good point and I have thought of it of having both done at once if possible! Yes I am also a believer of having less procedures! I will look into it. Since you had both done, what are the risks in doing so? How long was your med treatments? What shape were your aneurysms?

I don't know how the risks would compare since the plan was always to do both at once. Overall risks are so low though. The one that was coiled was 7x11 mm and had a stent as well because of the wide neck, Med treatement --- do you mean plavix? I was on it for 8 weeks afterwards - a couple extra weeks because I wanted to stay on it until I was back from a vacation.

My surgeon informed that there are 30% of people that aren't compatible to Plavix and I am one of them. On the day of the surgery, he had to switch me to Efient, which since trying both Efient its a lot stronger to bear, but its working really well. He told that on my second surgery it would only take about a month to be on Meds trearment.

On your successful outcome, what did you mean that your healed aneurysm wasn't considered as an aneurysm(that's awesome by the way)?

Yes, it’s one God’s blessing to pray for one another! I have been praying for you and for God to touch the hearts of those doctors who will agree to help aneurysm patients get their questions answered, how is that endeavor coming along Pat?