1 week from surgery!

One week from now I should be having surgery!!!! My list of things to do is getting smaller but I'm still spazzing!!! There's really nothing I can do to be ready. My husband is calm though so that helps. Nerves are frayed...7 more days.......

You can do it, J Knights. The time will pass. It always does. :)

Of course your spazzing; that's just normal J Knights...and You say the list is getting smaller so sounds like You are doing everything vs. nothing to be ready :)! We'll all be praying and/or sending you positive thoughts as they tame what I will call the "Annie" Beast! {HUGS}

Thanks Dancermom and Michele,

It's not making it any easier still..........I wish I could just sleep until Tuesday and not have to worry anymore. I swear I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I wake up every morning and my insides are even shaking. After today, 4 more days to wait, I have things to do and some plans but then even those are stressful. I know I'll get on the other side of this like all of you so I have no choice right?

I was in that same place three weeks ago, and I know that it feels like noone could POSSIBLY understand how stressed and scared you are, because maybe they are stronger, or more brave. It's simply not true.

I can assure you- you will amaze yourself at how strong you can be. And you'll get through this just like I did. One more week- it will be hard, but you'll get through it.

Can't wait to see your recovery story!

Hi J.

I know that it easy to say but chill.

Before you know it, it will be over and done, there will be a few aches, but hell! so what!

You will come out of this a stronger and wiser person and when it's all done and over, you will think back and wonder why you worried in the first place.

Remember at all times that you have people just like you worldwide praying and supporting you, remember that at all times.

Best Wishes

Martinc

Now it's 5 days! We all have been scared/nervous before 1. our angiogram - and we all know that went fine 2. our surgery - most of us are on the other side and extremely happy that we are. You are in great hands in Boston. I know we are getting lousy weather so outside activities may not happen, but try to do things you both like to do - see that new movie at the theatre. Go do lazer tag (if you have never done it, it's a blast in slow speed or high speed). Just get out of the house - the time will pass much faster. And, of course, we are here for support.

Time does seem to move more slowly when approaching something like a major surgery... you will have the thoughts and prayers of many baf followers with you on that day. I had a clipping done in April 2011 at Mass General. A few lingering side affects but back to living normally as in the past. Before long you will be waking up in the ICU! Good luck.

Feeling nervous is definitely understandable. I just tried to stay as busy as possible before my clippings. You may want to ask you doctor for some medicine to help you sleep if need be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, all will go well ((hugs))

HI everyone who's commented,

I had my pre-op today. It's so much more real, one more step...............I'm paralyzed and shaking really bad. I'm getting mad at things that don't matter, like I'm almost out of dish detergent, everything is not dusted, it snowed today, and the calmer my husband is about all of this the more anxious and angry I get. (I can't even use my exclamation point on my computer keyboard, it's stuck and there would be all kinds of them here.) Have plans for Saturday and Sunday, good and bad, yes passing time and spending it with family and friends is the best thing to do but it doesn't make this any easier as you all know. The nurse explained what to expect when I wake up in ICU, I'm gonna look like frankenstein and probably feel like him. I am just desperate to wake up, open my eyes, and see if my eyesight is ok. And, of course, the reiief I'm going to feel like everyone is telling me. The rest of the pain, discomfort, tubes, catheters, nausea, plus a hole in my head I think I can deal with, like I have a choice right? God help me...3 more days......

Kit34,

You're such an inspirational and encouraging person, thank you so much. You've always been so positive before and after your surgery. Thanks for your kind words.

J Knights - are you breathing? The relaxation breathing? It will help. Sounds like you have a wonderful supportive husband, remember he’s probably as scared as you. But he is trying to be strong, give him a hug! Slow down, the dusting will get done eventually. I’m back to where I was with the chore list from over a year ago, the house didn’t fall down. It’s an inconvenience, not a problem. Stay focused and positive this will help both of you a great deal.

I am one week behind Kit34 in recovery and Echo her message. Good luck and keep us posted. You will get through this! We are fighters and you will beat this!

Kit34 said:

I was in that same place three weeks ago, and I know that it feels like noone could POSSIBLY understand how stressed and scared you are, because maybe they are stronger, or more brave. It’s simply not true.

I can assure you- you will amaze yourself at how strong you can be. And you’ll get through this just like I did. One more week- it will be hard, but you’ll get through it.

Can’t wait to see your recovery story!

I'm very intuitive....with that being said. You will be fine. I can feel it. You will amaze even yourself, you always do right? When you look back on things that you have overcome in life, don't you just laugh and say well got thru that one, wasn't so bad. We all hype ourselves into feeling like we cannot handle events in our lives, but when you really look at some of the obstacles we have dealt with, it is truly amazing.

Just keep repeating, I am amazing.

Being scared is o.k. It makes you alert. It's there to protect you. It raises the consciousness so that we may respond. It is there for a reason. When you are shaking, look at it. Sit and feel it. then it will go away, it will calm down.

I am a meditator, and everytime you give something attention, then let it go, it vanishes. Sit quietly, breathe in the good, supplying your body with freshness, and when you exhale breathe out the worry, the apprehensions, the stress. Once you have cleared your body and mind, relax into the quiet.

It will be fine, you are an amazing person.

xxxx Deb

J Knights said:

HI everyone who's commented,

I had my pre-op today. It's so much more real, one more step...............I'm paralyzed and shaking really bad. I'm getting mad at things that don't matter, like I'm almost out of dish detergent, everything is not dusted, it snowed today, and the calmer my husband is about all of this the more anxious and angry I get. (I can't even use my exclamation point on my computer keyboard, it's stuck and there would be all kinds of them here.) Have plans for Saturday and Sunday, good and bad, yes passing time and spending it with family and friends is the best thing to do but it doesn't make this any easier as you all know. The nurse explained what to expect when I wake up in ICU, I'm gonna look like frankenstein and probably feel like him. I am just desperate to wake up, open my eyes, and see if my eyesight is ok. And, of course, the reiief I'm going to feel like everyone is telling me. The rest of the pain, discomfort, tubes, catheters, nausea, plus a hole in my head I think I can deal with, like I have a choice right? God help me...3 more days......