24 hours until surgery...this feels very surreal

I've been on here discussing my anxiety frequently. I will admit that today, that anxiety is paired with a glimmer of excitement. Could I be one of the lucky ones with a smooth recovery? And relief from this constant feeling of dread? It is certainly something to be hopeful about.

From my perspective, I've done all I can. I have stocked the house, meditated daily, I've been eating cleaner than I ever have in my life, walking every day (I miss cardio but still a bit scared), and researched, researched, researched. Work stuff is all sorted, insurance stuff is in order. I think I might be driving my boyfriend a bit nuts with my lists (and my lists of my lists).

I'm ready. I can confidently say that. Will I be shaky and yammering tomorrow morning? Absolutely. But I will be strong and get through this.

My surgery is at noon tomorrow. As I'm having a mini-craniotomy, I might be out of hospital same day (but this seems pretty nuts, so I will likely ask for an overnight stay so my boyfriend doesn't have to worry). I hope to be back on this blog really soon (with pictures!) to give back to the next generation of fearful newbies. I was in that place three months ago, and this support group has been an immense help. Thank you!

You can do it, Kit! All the best to you!

Way to go Kit, such a positive outlook can only be beneficial to your health and recovery!

Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear that it went well. I can't speak for everyone but my craniotomy was a BREEZE from a pain standpoint. I was shocked at how little post-op pain there was and how quickly I bounced back. My surgery was for an AVM though which is different but probably not by too much. I was almost as nervous about anesthesia than the operation. I was so nervous but they knocked me out with something really early on and the rest was history. It was not nearly as traumatic as I was expecting. My C-section was a harder recovery. Your calm and positive attitude inspires me!!!!! Best wishes <3

You’ve got this and your doctors have got this! Prayers to you, you are in my thoughts.
Jody

WOW!!! What an amazing witness story for the next generation of fearful newbies Kit --- YOU ROCK & Thanks so much for sharing this!!! With all of your preparations both physical & mentally; I can so hear your confidence thru this computer screen --> Good for YOU to confront this Beast, head-on and with such confidence. YOU are truly Blessed and can just feel how this chapter in your Life Novel will help & Inspire just so many!!! Will be Praying for a successful surgery for You and May you Rest & Recover in Peace my friend!!!

Thank you all!