Surgery in 2 weeks!

Hello,

with all the craziness and insanity and uncertainty and fear, etc, as you all know, I am scheduled to have surgery Tuesday, Nov 18th, only two weeks away.

At least now I know and don't have to be in limbo.

I will be following all the post surgery posts for encouragement, the good and the bad! And hopefully that will in turn help those facing surgery soon.

I'm terrified and have this list of things to do before surgery which I keep having to add to. The thing is for now I am still paralyzed with fear and anxiety. I only just found out yesterday so hopefully I'll get my act together.

Thanks for listening,

JKnights

Just having a date is a load off! I’m glad you were finally able to communicate with the staff. Prioritize your list J so it does not become overwhelming. Sit down with family and see what on the list they can help with. Please don’t forget to breathe!

Hi Barb,

Thanks, it's weird saying thanks for being happy I have a date for brain surgery!!! Still can't get used to the fact that this is actually happening!

Yes, I have 2 meds actually. One is for when the first one isn't working.

Barb said:

I am so happy you finally have a date....did you ask for any meds for the anxiety?

Try to keep positive, I know easy to say........

Thanks Moltroub,

It's weird to me when I see or hear that family should get involved. It is a serious thing happening. However, mine is not the kind of family that would do that. It's really very small, mostly our kids and grandkids. I think I have to reevaluate those relationships. But it's so refreshing and heartwarming when I hear those stories of families getting together. These days it's something to treasure.

Moltroub said:

Just having a date is a load off! I'm glad you were finally able to communicate with the staff. Prioritize your list J so it does not become overwhelming. Sit down with family and see what on the list they can help with. Please don't forget to breathe!

J Knights
For me -Family can be biological or chosen. It’s a matter of perspective, sorry I should have put in family/friends

That's ok Moltroub, it makes sense. I do have a few friends so I guess I should feel blessed. I'm not a huge social person(for other reasons) and haven't maintained/cultivated many friendships in the last few years. This whole thing, like I mentioned before, is making me reevaluate lots of things in my life. It's something I actually do something about when all of this has settled down.

It’s always easier to say when you’re on the other side, but you’ll do great! You’ve got this and you’ve got all our support!

Glad you made that call and have your date set. Still nerve wracking for you I’m sure but even so, you should feel better that you are moving forward. Another step ahead and we will all be here waiting for news from you. Wishing you the best as always!

Thanks Wendy,

Moving forward is harder than I thought, I thought I'd be sort of excited/anxious to get it over with but I'm still terrified!! In 2 weeks I'll be waking up and done!