NY Presbyterian

Dr.Sander Connelly and Dr.Shawn Levine
New York Presbyterian Hospital, NYC

Just check out their credentials online.

They saved my life. I drove from South Carolina to have them perform my 7 hour craniotomy last December. I’ll be driving up next month for my one year exam.

I have an endovascular surgeon at Duke University, Dr.Hauck. Another superstar endovascular surgeon. He is only 4 hours away and will perform my diagnostic angiogram that will be read by him as well as my NYC docs next month.

2 Likes

I can also recommend Dr. Connelly wholeheartedly! Also at New York Presbyterian is Dr. Jared Knopman, who I highly recommend for endovascular procedures. He put a flow diverter stent in an aneurysm I previously had clipped that regrew in what was considered a very risky location – the procedure went incredibly smoothly. I recommend him with the same enthusiasm as Dr. Connelly – especially if your aneurysm is unique.

I lived in NYC for years and when my wife and I moved we stayed in the tri-state area specifically because of the quality of care we both receive at New York Presbyterian. They’re the best!

3 Likes

Dr. Solomon at New York Columbia Presbyterian is a Fantastic Surgeon as well!! He did my craniotomy 7+ hrs in 2001. I had a failed coiling at a hospital on L.I. and he came highly recommended to repair my aneurysm. He prevented loss of sight in my right eye. The location was compressing my opthalmic nerve. Had I had a different surgeon, I believe my outcome would have been different.
Best of luck and continued health for you.

2 Likes

I had a craniotomy by Dr Philip Steig at Weil Cornell Colombian Pres Hospital New York NY. He was amazing. I had no repercussions. Was home in 3 days.

3 Likes

Hello champions! NY Columbia Presbyterian was good to us all. It is a great feeling to know the decision to make the drive from South Carolina is supported by all of these wonderful survivor stories! Yahoo! And to all of those who have successful recoveries including all of the challenges that we all face post surgery, there are great surgeons all over this country. And then their are some that are not quite top shelve.
I am curious about the time of your first appointment with your endovascular surgeon after your craniotomy and your and what type of scanning you were ordered to have. One draw back from having my craniotomy in NYC and living in SC, I do not have easy access to the neuro department.
Hope everyone is doing well!

2 Likes

Thank you for your endorsements at NY Pres. Dr. Connelly and Dr. Levine. Good to also know of Dr. Knopman. It’s wonderful that you stayed in the tri-state area, Not a bad idea!

2 Likes