New diagnosis surgery scheduled support needed

Hello everyone. I am a mother of three in fact my youngest is only 14 days old. During my hospital stay they found a 5mm in the left frontal lobe and are recommending surgery at this point. I have an angio this Wednesday and the clipping is scheduled for August 7th. I am overwhelmed and scared to say the least. Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated. I’m even nervous for the angio.

Ah, fieser, I’m so sorry this is happening to you, but I’m glad that you found this community. There are a lot of very kind and supportive people here who have a great deal of collective knowledge and experience.

It’s hard enough having a newborn, and being postpartum, without this kind of excitement. Looking at the brighter side, your BA was discovered before a rupture. That would have been infinitely worse.

Hang in there, fieser, and hang out here. We’re glad that you found us, and we hope that you will be too.

Seenie

1 Like

Hi fieser!

Well, today is the 8th. I know your surgery was scheduled for the 7th. I want you to know that we are rooting for you! I hope that you can come back once you are able to and let us know how that went. I will keep you in my prayers.

1 Like

Didn’t see an update but wanted you to know I am praying for you!!

1 Like

Why would they schedule a clipping as the BEST procedure before they do the angiogram?? I would ask that first, there are other, especially new, that might work Better? Just a thought. Dr felt like he would clip mine, I have 4, after angiogram, clipping was not an option at all.

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for the support and responses. I wanted to follow up and say I had my angiogram and there was only one aneurysm found (thank god) and following this I had my surgery. I was not a candidate for a coil because I have an allergy to nickel. By the grace of god my surgery was successful and it was clipped. I am now four weeks post op and home with my family.

This was one of the most challenging things that I have ever faced in my life and it really it into perspective the important things in life. I am so grateful for all of the support Nd kind words and most of all prayers.

The swelling is mostly gone in my eye but still some there and they said that can take a while. Interestingly, I had a job drain in my stomach and the skin near my belly button (where a bandage was) is still hard in that area. Overall all is well! Praise god!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this! It’s good to hear a good result. No doubt the full recuperation will take time, but your good attitude is encouraging. Praising with you!

1 Like

fieser! Thanks SO much for dropping by to tell us the positive news. It sounds as if things went pretty well for you, thank goodness.

How’s the baby? I’m guessing that s/he has started smiling, and making your days extra bright!

Seenie from Moderator Support

The baby is doing very well thank you! He is such a sweetheart and my other boys love their little brother :heart:

Congrats on the baby and getting thru your surgery. God’s mysterious ways, right. Take it easy on yourself and enjoy every moment with your family

1 Like

I’m returning to this fantastic and supportive site two and a half years after my clipping. The hardest part of my ordeal was pre-clipping due to the nervousness of the unknown, and the few days after the clipping. I am completely recovered now and feel well! I feel liberated knowing that the doctor said I am fully treated and there is no chance of the aneurysm rupturing. For a year after the surgery, I was so conscious of the scar. Now, I don’t even care.
Time is a remarkable healer! Be optimistic that you are okay!
Good luck!

Thank you! My surgery went well and I feel truly blessed. I’m so thankful for this site and all of the support. I have my follow up ct this August so it will be nice to have that completed too!

2 Likes