What is the secret handshake to chat?

What is the secret handshake that gets me into the forum chat? :wink:

Is there such a thing barry?

Dunno, there must be. If I click the chat link it says I donā€™t have access to that topic. I figured I didnā€™t shake hands with Ben or his friends in the right order to get in there. It seems Ben and his friends have a wild imagination, because this site looks a lot like the aftermath of the Woodstock concert. :slight_smile: It used to work pretty good.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how this web site works. The old web site for BAF was quite user-friendly, I thought, but not this one. I hadnā€™t heard anything for months, so I finally went to the site and was able to change some settings so that now I at least receive emails that people send in, and I can respond to them. If I wanted to start a topic, Iā€™m not sure I know how or am able to do that. So you might look around at your account (or whatever its called) and see if you can change some settings to do what you want.

1 Like

It became available as soon as I made a post. I guess we get rewarded for participation like lab rats.

hey BB and i mean that in every sense of the word, well its not a word but a lovely salutation!! lol, sorry frontal lobe acting up! Glad you got in i hope they didnt pay more than 9.99 for this system if i dare call it that

its easy once you spend like 5 hours trial and error, ugh

1 Like

:smile_cat:

Ron, help is on the way. Iā€™ve asked TJ to give you a hand.

Seenie

its ok seenie, i figured it out, ty

Pat, we are here to support you, whatever happens. You are good enough at ā€œworkingā€ this system that I saw your post, and Iā€™m sure others have as well.

Of course you are desperate for your husband to recover. You are walking a lonely walk, and we are here to help you as much as we can. He needs you, and you need to be able to reach out to people who understand what this is all about. Please donā€™t give up. Clicking on an avatar will let you message people.

If you ever feel completely lost here on this site, hereā€™s what to do (try it right now):

1. Click on your avatar (the pink ā€œPā€) and then click on the next avatar that pops up.
  2. Find the word Activity, and click on it. Find the word All (on the left) and click on it. There is every post youā€™ve made here, and you should be able to track down every discussion and every person who has ā€œtalkedā€ to you from there.

Please stay with us, Pat. There are a lot of people here who need your support as much as you need theirs.

Seenie

Lol. It has taken me weeks (6) to figure out how to post something! I donā€™t even know if Iā€™ve done it right. I found this site right after surgery and took me a week for my crippled brain to figure out the s Secret Band shake to join! Still trying tho cause I need helpā€¦

Hi TerriC!

Well, I do not have a brain aneurysm but I am quite capable of spending ages trying to figure out how to use new systems. If I did have brain aneurysm ā€¦ or post surgery ā€¦ I dread to think what such things would be like!

By contrast, you have successfully posted. Fantastic! That may just mean that you have cracked it & itā€™ll be plain sailing from here on. However, as a self-confessed dummy, I am incredibly proud of every little thing I have learned to do & love showing off my ā€˜skillsā€™. So, if you have any problems at all, just message Mod Support straight away for help.

To message us, click on the avatar by this post of mine. You will then get some details plus a blue box on the right saying ā€˜Messageā€™. Click on that and you will get a box to put your message in. And thereā€™s a send box down at the bottom which also says ā€˜Messageā€™ and you click on that to send.

Christina from Moderator Support

Oh, Christina, I did not mean any offense by my post. I appreciate the immense amount of work that has gone into thist site. I only wish I had found it before my surgery as I was computer literate prior to my surgery! Thank you for all you do to help connect us who have gone through this traumatic experience. God Bless you for all you do.

1 Like

No offence taken TerriC, none at all.

It must be so frustrating when skills you used to take for granted are affected by surgery. I imagine that any improvement never seems to happen fast enough!

But all I wanted to say was that if you want to do something on the site and itā€™s proving difficult for whatever reason, do feel free to shout out!

Christina