Apologies

Dear BAF Members

Somehow, a spammer got approved yesterday. I'm not sure how it happened, because he's one that we recognize and suspend as soon as he comes 'round. And he comes 'round often.

From the sounds of it, he has been messaging people. Please do not respond: simply delete. The person has been suspended from both the forum and from chat.

This doesn't happen often, but we always feel bad when it does. When we migrate to the new platform, there are fail-safes in place to make sure that what happened here today can't happen on the new Discourse site.

As far as the impending migration goes, we're still trying to iron some wrinkles out. As we said last week, any day now!

Thanks to the members who pulled the alarm on Mr. A.

Seenie

Yes I just got a personal email requesting then I contact him privately so I jumped right on here to check and see if indeed he did comment on my profile and couldn’t find anything so I thought it was suspicious and then I saw this notice. Glad I didn’t respond!

Thank you for looking after "Mr. A" as quickly as you did!!

yeaaaaa!!! Seenie slew the big bad wolf!! lol

1 Like

You crack me up, ronk!!!!

Seenie

ty, glad i could make smiles! btw no apolgies necessary! you are doing a great job! Too bad we cant find out their true colors in advance somehow or when they e mail more than once in 2 minutes they are shut off automatically- the program they run emails quick!

ModSupport said:

You crack me up, ronk!!!!

Seenie

:slight_smile: