Uh, I am so tired!

Hi all! Just checking in. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op from the surgeons going in to fix my csf leak. And Tuesday will be 3 weeks post-op from my craniotomy. Just wondering is it normal to be so freaking tired, Today, woke up took a hot shower, nibbled on some breakfast. Went back to bed and woke up at 3pm. Now it is a little after 6pm and I am ready for bed again, Hubby seems to think I need to calm down a bit. He is telling me you just had 2 major surgeries within a week of each other and that I need lots of sleep. This stent in my nose is driving me crazy, its a piece of plastic. . I think it not making feel so well too. It is held by stitches. The doc says I need to keep it in to secure the patch where they fixed the csf leak. I am also really thinking when my disablilty is up I am just going back to work part time. I was just wondering about everyone elses recovery and when did you start feeling not so tired.

454-thekids12610028.JPG (1.48 MB)

I had no complications. I was back part time in 3 weeks and full time 2 weeks after that. I was tired for a long time. Maybe up to a year. You have been through a lot more than me and I heal fast normally. Heck I got hit by a car while riding my bike and I was back on in 10 days with a fractured cheek, 3 cracked ribs and 13 stitches. I guess i have high pain tolerance! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking because I had the complication of a csf leak two surgeries was a lot on the body. I am just gonna chill and relax because before I know it. It will be time to get back to work…:wink:

Hi Meleah,
we had surgeries on the same day .And yes i am so tired as well but i did not have a csf leak .Sometimes all i want to do is sleep i only wake when the hubby wants to feed me lol.I am afraid to go back to work due to the way i feel .i dont drive or anything yet i am hoping the next couple weeks will help give me a boost.I hope for you as well. i think your hubby is right on the money you have had a very hard time it will take time to get back to normal. best wishes for a fast recovery and hugs and prayers to
nancy

It has been a very short time, but this is what I am afraid of…I can’t sit still and feel like the last six months this whole situation has drained me and I haven’t even had the surgery yet!!! I can’t sit still, I have a feeling you are a lot like me and like getting things accomplished… So being tired is a huge hurdle for people like us!!! Has it been bad everyday or just here the last few days??? Did you call the doctor?? What did they tell you to expect???

you crack me up. I am the same way. The kids or hubby will come to my room and tell me its time to eat. I feel like all I do is eat and sleep. My mom says if that;s what it takes to heal then so be it. It is really hard because I was such a busy body and I am hyper too. Heres to a speedy recovery!

I have been an avid cyclist for years. Prior to being hit by a car and aneurysm surgery I routinely rode 100-150 miles a week. There is a small park 1/4 of a mile down the street from my house. A week after the surgery my wife had gone back to work and I was on my own. I would walk down to the park, sit on a bench for 5 minutes to rest, walk home and take a 2 hour nap. I worked my way up to walking to the park, walking once around the perimeter (also 1/4 of a mile) then walked back home and took a nap. I work for the state in Massachusetts. When I did start back to work I was able to work out of the office a mile from my house rather than the normal hour commute to Boston. Give yourself time and let the hubby spoil you. You’ve had people poking around inside your head after all.

I was tired before and after the surgery-but I feel I am getting some strength back- I can cook and do clothes now without napping. It just takes time.