Traveling

Hi everyone. I am so happy to have found this group!! I had a ruptured aneurysm SAH and coiling at the end of January. I am supposed to be going on a cruise for spring break in mid-April. I am worried about flying and about effects of the boat (I have gone before and been mildly seasick). What are your experiences with flying post-coiling and has anyone been on a cruise or even on smaller boats? Thanks!!

Hi Laura!

You will have no problems with flying due to the coil, many here have flown countless times after getting coils and clippings...As for the cruise, same thing (you'll probably get a little seasick again--just like before) take some dramamine along with you and have a blast!

Peace, Janet

Hi Laura...I have flown since coiling numerous times and no problem...infact, Doctors will tell you the cabin pressure doesn't effect one's coils/brains etc., at all...however, flying in the United states can make us crazy...lol...sorry just wanted to make you smile...~ wishing you a good day ~ Colleen

Laura...welcome...I am the highly critical survivor of the minimally invasive procedures...

I am fanatical about drugs...so the only thing I can really really suggest...is if you have any nausea...cruise or elsewhere...try munching uncrystalized ginger of some sort..

I was a ginger-holic long B4 cruising...In fact, my first cruise...I asked them "why" they had that tray of uncrystalized ginger out..(royal Caribbean or Princess...)...they told me it was for motion sickness...I had never knowingly cherished ginger for that reason...tho I have continued it in advanced volume since minimally invasive procedures...

So hope you will enjoy spring break...I am envious...tho envy will not require added ginger...

Pat