Flying

I fly every couple months to visit my son. Has anyone’s doc said they shouldn 't fly? I have only seen my neurosurgeon once and he said nothing. I didn’t mention i fly to the doc. I guess i was in shock for learning i had the annie. It is small. Thanks

My husband says I have been told not to fly. I don't know why though.

VJ

I asked my neurosurgeon and he said I was able to fly. This was before the repair. I did get a qualifier from his arnp saying to avoid small planes, just take the larger ones. I would have asked for more detail but decided to fix it first.

I talked to 3 nuerosurgeons and they all agreed after the procedure, a clipping, I was fine to fly to a conference 4 weeks later. I flew from east to west coast 2 days a go, I did have problems with my ear on opposite side but that I have always had some problems equalizing the pressure do not think that is related.

Thanks as i am waiting to board a plane this morning

I am scared to death to fly; it's completely irrational but I'm not sure when I will be able to get back on a plane. I flew cross-country and back a week before my aneurysm ruptured. I'm hoping to come across a study or a report from a research team that helps reduce my irrational thoughts on the subject. Good luck!

Vicki,

All flight cabins are pressurized, and to my knowledge no one has ever found an issue related to their aneurysms be it before or after repair of their aneurysm(s) ~ Have a good flight !

Peace, Janet

I'm not crazy about flying but I have always felt that way it had nothing to do with my annie :) My neuro said I'm clear and even had to write a clearance for my office since I have to fly often for work. No problems at all and no restrictions. Carol

HI Vicki...I have 2 BA's...one that was coiled and one that is being watched...I know of both for the last 3 years and I fly several times a year...and no problem...other than flying today is so stressful in the US that I find I almost always end up with a bad headache...but nothing to do with my Annie's...wishing you a good day ~ Colleen

Thanks for the replys. I go get an MRA yearly scan on june 17 to see if any changes. I will see my neurosurgeon same day to get results.

Hi, Steph here, I’m not supposed to fly, course is have a lot of metal other than the stents and coils.

I’m glad your getting good follow up. Keep it up and hopefully you don’t live in the Deep South and a fancy City that doesn’t have real doctors…there on vacation.